Y&R: Fall Preview

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If Dina and Stuart Brooks had had a child shortly after their high school prom, that "child" would be in his/her early 70s by now.

What type of story is Y&R willing to tell about a newly-created senior citizen?

Don't get me wrong, the fact that the show is mining its roots and even referring to its original core family at all is thrilling. But unless this "newly-found" Brooks offspring has nubile 20-something grandkids who look good in speedos, LOL, where would the show go with this character?

And if Y&R goes ahead with this storyline and does NOT bring any of the original Brooks sisters back, it will be both disappointing and aggravating. 

Just sayin'.

• Members

Except that Jill and Stuart were married at one point. Jill and Brock were involved decades ago too, which was discussed when everyone thought Jill was Katherine's daughter, but at least Jill and Brock had had a platonic relationship. Would Y&R really be crazy enough to revisit Jill's lineage YET AGAIN, and have her father be her ex-husband?

Gross, LOL.

Besides, unless TPTB screw around with established history even more than they already have (which, granted, I would not put past them), Jill is younger than Leslie, Lorie and Chris Brooks, and would therefore have been born when Stuart was 28-ish, and long married to Jennifer. Beyond high-school prom age.

UGH. The show had better NOT screw this up.

• Members

Yes a grandchild seems to be the only viable outcome of this story.

Making Stuart the father of Dina's child does nod to Y&R history but as others said, unless the Brooks are involved, what is the point?

Or will JLB and Jan Lynde make another 1 day guest shot that will suppposedly satisfy long time fans,

When Dina returned in 83, there was no mention of any connection to Stuart, who I think was still around.

Would the story have had more interest if Dina had had a one nighter with Phillip Chancellor and always kept that from her dear friend Katherine?

Or was slumming it and banged Bill Foster?

• Members

I definitely think that Theo's dad Eric Vanderway could be Dina's and Stuart's son. In a preview for next week's scenes  Jack and Traci will find an adoption decree that reveals they have a half brother:

The actor that is playing Theo's dad is 53 years old in real life. But Theo mentioned that his dad died when he was 16 years old. If the show acknowledges that Theo is in his 30's (and Tyler Johnson that plays Theo is in his 30s), and says that Eric died when he was in his mid 50's (like 55 or maybe 56) things would match up. With Eric being in his early 70's if he were still living.

And I think that the actor Jon Briddell who is playing Eric looks like he could be Stuart's son. Here is a picture of him alongside a picture of Stuart:

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by xtr

• Members

Here are some more upcoming spoilers from the Zap2it website for next week:

Adam will end up confronting Billy, Victor and Adam will reach a compromise and Victoria will have revenge on her mind. Jack and Kyle will have a difference of opinion and Billy will assume a new identity. Nate will make a surprising connection, Amanda will take on a new challenge and Chelsea will meet a handsome stranger. 

I think that Amanda will end up helping Nate will whatever legal help he needs and they will become closer. I am looking forward to them interacting more. I like their scenes and chemistry together. 

• Members

Here is the promo for next week:

Some spoilers from Global Canada say that the Halloween episode will focus on the dreams of five characters. Nick, Kyle, Abby, Phyllis and Rey. Josh Griffin talks about this and say she likes doing dreams and showing what is going on in the characters psyche. Nick will be flipping through channels and stop on a horror movie. Each of the five characters will fall asleep and have their own dreams. In Nick's dream everyone is praising Adam.

Abby will in the position of getting success but will wonder in the back of her mind, if she deserves it. It is mentioned that she is perfect for a Mary Tyler Moore Sitcom from the 70s. Rey and Sharon will be poised for a 1940's black and white film noir. Kyle/Lola/Theo will experience an 80's Rom Com. Phyllis will be on top of the world but the rug will be pulled out from under her, and it's mentioned what will she do to fight back.

There won't be any specific takeaways from each dream but each character will emotionally learn a bit more about themselves.

Edited by xtr