Replacing Frank? Promote From Within? New Blood to GH?

• Members

genie wanted to take a short vacation to London as her hubby was directing Thunderbirds. JFP said she could have the vacation but had to give 120 days notice. Genie said that wasnt Tony's deal and she didnt wanna seperate her family. JFP asked her what was more important her Family or GH. So JFP did push buttons to make Genie walk

Brian had just started in 2002 and Angela was already at Freeform so Im guessing that call was all JFP

JFP back would remove all the Good FV and Ron did taht first year. No vets would be seen. Bye Laura, Bobbie, Mac, Robert, Anna, Felecia, Lucy Etc

Edited by John

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's the vibe I get, too, but, if it should happen, I think it would catch alot of people off guard.  I used to be in FV's corner until the firing of GF.  I've sort of turned on him since then.  I don't know why, but I think Barbara Bloom would be the one to snag FV's job if he's canned.  I have nothing to back that up, but I always thought her hiring was a very strange move.

• Members

I think Genie had fit perfectly on Y&R, but her character was pure trash. For one, they latched her to Cane, which was a horrible decision. When she (Genevieve) was going around biting people and her backstory constantly changed, she had to go. The only good thing about Genie's time there was that she had great chemistry with Jess Walton. Y&R should've dug into the annals of the show and cast Genie as a character rooted in Y&R's past (i.e. Chris, Casey, Julia...) instead of creating another pointless character, who made no impact. 

In regards to the topic of this thread, I don't think replacing Frank will fix this show. GH is on life support much like Y&R, Days, and B&B. If we're being honest, I say pull these plug on all these shows. 

• Members

If there is only one positive from Jill Farren Phelps returning to GH, it would mean we would finally be done with Howarth and Easton's carousel of characters. She would kick them out the door in a budget slash and you can take that to the bank. She doesn't like any pets from other soaps unless they are her own pets from her old soaps. Jill would send a message loud and clear (ASAP) that Frank's OLTL pets are finished on her watch. Franco will be killed off. Finn will be written out as apart of Hayden's return. 

Edited by Vince79