Game Shows

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

A show I get a kick out of on BUZZR is the old 70's version of Concentration with Jack Narz. Some of those prizes were so low budget ( Cheese, Olives, Cold Medications, Macaroni etc....)The car was usually a crappy Chevette hatch back in burnt orange. This one young guy college age contestant has on a huge opened butterfly collar shirt with the gold chain and polyester leisure suit.....it was almost a parody of the 70's. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I love 70s Concentration for all of those same reasons! "Baby freshener" and "Toni home wave" are two of my favorite regular prizes. I also really appreciate the music used for the head starts and the prize descriptions at the end of the rounds. It really doesn't get better than Score Productions in the 70s.

Have y'all been watching Whew! on Buzzr? I didn't expect to get into it like I would - I guess I was turned off by the cartoony graphics, which I just assumed were a gimmick for the entire show, but I actually really enjoy it, and I see why it's called Whew. I feel like airing this back-to-back with Split Second would have you feeling exhausted afterward.

I'm super glad that I can only see Buzzr through the Pluto app because we're getting Dawson Feud instead of 90s Newlywed Game in primetime, and I don't think I've regularly watched Dawson Feud in ages, since it was still shown on GSN at a decent hour. It's made me fall in love with Feud again, which is impressive considering how much seeing Steve Harvey's version makes me hate the show so, so much.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

This fall on CBS Daytime, The Price is Right starts its 51st season and Lets Make a Deal starts its 14th season. As of today they are the longest running and 5th longest running daytime game shows on US network television. The shows in between: the NBC Daytime versions of Concentration (1958-1973), Wheel of Fortune (1975-1989), and Hollywood Squares (1966-1980).