Game Shows

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Today's passing of Alex Trebek has me thinking of other game show hosts from the peak years of game shows. Since the CBS Daytime game show block was my introduction to game shows, I listed hosts from game shows that premiered on CBS Daytime from 1972-now.

Hosts still with us: Bob Barker (The Price is Right), Wink Martindale (Gambit, Tic-Tac-Dough), Adam Wade (Musical Chairs), Bob Eubanks (Card Sharks), Bob Goen (Blackout, Wheel of Fortune), Chuck Henry (Now You See It), Drew Carey (The Price is Right), Wayne Brady (Let's Make a Deal).

Hosts no longer with us: Jack Barry (The Joker's Wild), Dick Clark ($10,000 Pyramid; $25,000 Pyramid), Geoff Edwards (Hollywood's Talking), Gene Rayburn (Match Game), Bert Convy (Tattletales), Jack Narz (Now You See It), Jim Lange (Spin-Off, Give-n-Take), Alex Trebek (Double Dare), Bill Cullen (Pass the Buck, Child's Play), Tom Kennedy (Whew!, Body Language), Monty Hall (Beat the Clock), Peter Tomarken (Press Your Luck), Ray Combs (Family Feud). 

It's sad to think this, but I feel the next big game show death is going to be Bob Barker.

Edited by kalbir

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I know this has probably been around before (the clip) but I couldn't find it - it's a bit, in the last moments of this bloopers show from 1988, of Burt Reynolds and the producers playing a prank on Tom Kennedy.

This has a moment between Tom and Burt that, frankly, I'm shocked made the air (if it did).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...