Twins who were born onscreen

• Members

Usually on soaps, twins come about because writers want an actor to play duel roles. The twin also tends to be long lost. What are some examples of twins that were born onscreen to preexisting soap characters? The only sets I can think of are Sami and Eric and Johnny and Ally on Days and Phoebe and Steffy on B&B. Also, have there ever been triplets on a soap?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ATWT - Annie & Jeff had quadruplets: Maria, Lowell, Nancy, and Gregory Ward

GL - Blake Marler had twins Kevin and Jason whom she thought had separate fathers, but it was romantically retconned that Ross had fathered both boys. 

• Members

Days: Samantha and Eric Brady. Not to mention real-life (then - Dee Hall has had work done!) identical twins, Andrea Hall-Lovell (later Andrea Gengler) and Deidre Hall as Samantha and Marlena Evans.

ETA: Oh, right. Marlena and Samantha weren't born on screen, but Auntie Samantha and Uncle Eric Brady's namesakes, also listed, were.

• Members

My understanding of this topic is twins who were born onscreen and both became major characters as adults and neither one was a retcon. The only one I can think of is Sami/Eric on DAYS. And even then, Sami was a much more central character for most of Days' history.

• Members

Julie and Jordy Clegg were twins on Capitol, not born on-screen, but also not retconned as siblings

I seem to remember a plan to SORAS Blake's twins before GL ended. Does any recall that?

Also, technically Marley and Victoria Love's birth was shown on screen in a flashback, but I wouldn't want to be too provocative because, obviously, Vicky's whole existence could be considered a retcon. 

Please register in order to view this content

Archived