GH: Actors on a break

• Members

Where did you get that it was supposed to be Brenda?   Valentini would not likely have tried to hire Marcil. He would have to sacrifice a pet for that kind of $$$$$$.    And we know he would rather go a** over teakettle before giving up a Frankles, Ninny, Jillian or Hammy Finn,

Brenda sounds like something out of Fanfic. ValenVarni also know Marcil hated her last visit under their "EP/casting slouch er couch" regime......

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Supposedly GH wanted Marcil back & her Kid Alec would have been paired with Joss

But VM allegedly said No

So they got Tams back and created Kim & Oscar

GH also wanted Tams in 2011 to be Kate #2 but she declined

Are U talking her 2013 stint?

• Members

I think the VM/Brenda's Oscar's mom thing is a fan theory only.  The show was being super mysterious about Oscar's mom when he was first on the show and Brenda being Oscar's mom would have been an actual decent story, so of course it was untrue.  I actually assumed it would be something more exciting than Kim, but was wrong too. They also had Mike mention Brenda quite a few times when he first starting reappearing around the same time.  I don't think VM was ever contacted or anything.

As for GH, I think they would be stuck in a hard place if they ever brought Brenda back.  Yes, I agree S/B/J is super played out, but I think S/B still have a decent size fan base and people would complain if they paired her with someone new.  The show seems fairly invested in Carson though so who knows?  I would think at some point with Jax back they will probably see if Vanessa wants to return.  It's not like she's doing much more than a Lifetime movie every year or so.

• Members

Frankly, I think VM would be much better off contacting Y&R or B&B if she were interested in returning to daytime.  GH would stick Brenda back with Sonny or Jax, and neither pairing appeals to me anymore.

• Members

Lol well she should have said yes because it would have killed Alec off for good.  I would be surprised if Alec's existence is a deal breaker for VM, but maybe it is.  Since he isn't related to anyone on canvas they could easily say he was in boarding school in Italy and not have to deal with him.  Or the show could be smart and just retcon him into Jax's as he should have been in the first place.