Tyler Johnson Joins ‘Y&R’

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wonder how long he will be around. I wonder if this is just a very short term role. He was mentioned in today's episode as someone that Kyle and Summer would be interacting with as they help launch Jabot's new clothing line. He is supposed to help them connect with artists/music festivals to help launch Jabot's new clothing line. Maybe he will have a Rebekah Barlowe type of role, where he will appear here and there to interact with them. 

• Members

I just saw that someone posted on Twitter it is a contract role, but they didn't link any source to that. So I'm not sure how true that it is. Maybe it is just short term. Though, I don't think it would be bad idea for it to be contract. I think they do need at least one other young man in that group. Plus it would free Summer up and stop her from trying to keep Kyle who doesn't want her. I think that Lola/Kyle/Summer triangle is a bad triangle.

I still wish they would bring Fen back too. Maybe they could bring on this guy who will interact with Summer and then Fen could also come back. And be paired with Ana.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I don't mind, and I'm glad Kyle will have a friend (or maybe "frenemy"? lol), I guess. lol.

I do wish they'd bring Fen back. Lots of folks keep asking for it on Twitter. Not sure why they aren't? Noah should also be on the canvas ... but they seem to have no idea what to do with either one of them and I think they see a lot of similarities in them. So with that being said, they should have made Fen gay or bisexual. But I guess they think that quota is filled with Mariah.

• Members

I'm not sure why they haven't bought Fen back yet, but there were potential storylines there for him. He had good chemistry with Ana and decent chemistry with Summer as well. They could have paired him with either one of them and it would have made sense. Heck, if this Theo guy isn't long term, Fen could come back and help Summer heal from her broken heart from Kyle. Or they could revisit him and Ana, which I would prefer.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I thought Fen gave off more friend vibe than romantic interest in either, but there's some potential with both Summer and Ana. They don't seem interested in Ana having a love interest, which normally I'd be OK with, but in her case it's kind of blatant. Unless they suddenly pair her with Mariah ... LOL. Not really sure what their plan for Ana is. 

• Members

I prefer him with Ana, but I did also see chemistry with Summer and thought they looked kind of good together. I don't know what they are going to do with Ana, but I definitely do not want to see her with Mariah or Tessa romantically. IMO, Mariah and Tessa don't fit each other and I can't imagine either one of them with Ana. 

I would much rather see her with Fen, I really liked their chemistry and I thought they looked good together. I would like to see Ana get a better storyline than what she has been given, which is a lackluster storyline about her secret, hanging mostly around her family. And now thrown in this storyline with Mariah/Tessa where Mariah is getting upset over things like Ana suggesting that Tessa change her hair color.

That storyline is already starting off weak, because they are already having Mariah act weird and very insecure about the thought of Tessa changing her image. Mariah acted like she was going to cry the other day, when Ana suggested Tessa change her image and said that Mariah shouldn't be at the studio while Tessa was working. It was strange. 

Loren Lott is supposed to give an interview regarding Ana in an upcoming edition of SID, where she will contemplate Ana's place on the show. I do wonder what she will say about Ana's place on the show, and if she will talk about any upcoming storylines that Ana may have. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I just see so much potential in Loren Lott and I feel they're totally wasting her, but I'll try and give it some time. 

Griffith is very meh. I don't know why fans seemed to get excited for him to come back. I already see him wasting lots of potential ...

• Members

It's unfortunate that her potential as a character is being wasted. But I think it's like you mentioned in the May Sweeps thread, Josh just has characters, he doesn't really want to write for, and unfortunately I think Ana is one of those characters. Also, after reading the recap for Monday's episode, I wonder even more if they might try and do something with her and Tessa.

I really don't want to see Mariah and Ana fighting over Tessa, in any shape or form, let alone romantically. But who knows.... I honestly think that Josh is mostly throwing them in this storyline together, (whatever it turns out to be) because he doesn't really want to write much for at least most of them. Though, it does look like he will be doing something with whoever has been threatening Mariah. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Yeah, he seems slightly more interested in writing for Mariah but he's clearly throwing them all together. I don't really need Mariah vs. Ana. They tried that with Hilary vs. Mariah and it failed miserably. Mariah could use, you know, a friend not named Kevin Fisher, IMHO. I think it'd be better if Ana and Mariah were working TOGETHER *for* Tessa (who then resents them for managing her, changing her look, etc.), but it seems like silly conflict will ensue ... I miss women being friends with each other but all folks seem to want is Real Housewives table flipping and women fighting with each other (ok, so it won't be that extreme, but still ... LOL; I really resent they didn't make Hilary and Mariah besties who hated the town together ....)

Edited by KMan101