Romantic Pairings that Should Have Been—But the Show Didn't Go There

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That kid should have been with Jax.  Idiotic storytelling.

Burton did like his pairing with Robin.  And Liz the first time.  But when they did the Liz/Jason/Sam/Lucky/Rick mess he was team Sam.  Post Robin Sam is the only pairing I have seen him actually participate towards instead of against.

• Members

She hosted some shows and was an entertainment reporter.  I used to see her pop up in things about 10 years ago.  Not sure where she is now.  I don't think she really acted again.  She was very pretty and seemed like a nice person lol.

ETA-she actually does still act fairly regularly according to IMDB.  She hosts stuff for the Fox Movie Channel and won a Primetime Emmy for a special tribute to Mel Brooks she hosted in 2015, so she does okay.  Good for you Tava Smiley.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Actually,  I recall reading that KMc did NOT want to go back to J&R as a condition of her return in 2005 and Patrick Drake was "born". True? I don't know. But it makes sense as I just could not see Robin as a doctor involved with a career murderer for hire. At the time, too, I remember Sam/Jason were huge back then and maybe KMc wanted to avoid the drama of it all.

Whatever the case, for me, it worked out great since I LOVED Patrick and Robin.

That all being said, I read that it was Burton's idea to bring the character of Robin back, so...thanks, I guess? LOL!

Edited by Wendy

• Members

I don't believe that for a second. I think Guza, JFP, etc. decided Robin was too 'frumpy' or 'boring' to ever be considered with Jason again. They desexualized their relationship from '99 on. She wasn't mob, so she had to be partitioned. I think Steve would've gone for it - and I give him credit for almost nothing, but he adores Kimberly - but I think TPTB explicitly made it off-limits because of their views on those character spheres.

• Members

Ummm..Hell yeah!  

I may have enjoyed Horita, but I never enjoyed either other pairing Chad and Will were in for long.  I liked Wilson for a few months, and then slowly they devolved into a sterile and ridiculous pairing.  The only time I liked Chabby was in late 2015, but they soon went cold on me as well. 

American soaps are so Puritan.  Chad could have easily been a bisexual character.  I am a bisexual man, who is married to a woman and I have sired three kids.  For me, living outside the box is thrilling.  I love my life and my wife.  

Making Chad bisexual would have opened the window and allow endless angst for Chill.  Instead, all these years later, we are stuck with bland ass Wilson.  

• Members

I think Patrick Drake and a new pairing was a tactic to lure KMc back not necessarily anything against J&R as a pairing.  I actually remember reading KMc didn't really want a J&R redux as well.  I think Robin was past the mob and Jason as a viable romantic partner.  Did the TPTB think she was boring?  Probably.  Frumpy?  I don't think so.  Patrick was very hot and Scrubs had the hottest sex scenes of anyone in the last 15 years on GH.  It's a shame because I vastly prefer Jason and Robin to Scrubs/Jasam, but regardless, it was a pretty good decision.  They got two popular pairings out of it (Jasam/Scrubs) though I found it really odd they never went back to J&R even a little bit.  Wasn't there a rumor back in the day that SBu was in love with KMc?  And Freddie Prinze Jr (her bf at the time) wouldn't let her hang out with SBu and was against her working with him?  Oh, internet soap gossip was so much fun in the early 2000's...