Romantic Pairings that Should Have Been—But the Show Didn't Go There

• Members

May 2006 was when Robin/Patrick had sex in that cabin for the first time. Summer of Sleaze was that August. I don't buy the rumor of Robin being part of Summer of Sleaze because Scrubs had basically just launched as a true romance.

The only rumor I had heard around that time was that Robin was supposed to be part of the Enduro condom mess and that was how she and Patrick would conceive. Funny enough, a condom did indeed break and that is how they conceived Emma, but their story happened in late 2007/early 2008 after Georgie died. I think in pushing back on Robin's conception, TIIC went with Liz/Jason, especially since - at the time - Kelly Monaco was in contract negotiations and there was talk of her actually leaving. So she turned femme fatale and slept with her own mother's husband out of revenge. When KeMo decided to stay, the show had a lot of whitewashing clean up to do...

Edited by Wendy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Kim did NOT say no. Kim expressed concern about coming in between such a strong, dynamic fanbase. Guza and Steve were both fine with the idea. Kim came back to do it but she was worried. She expressed those worries to Brian Frons who agreed with her. He loved KMc and he loved KeMo and he said you know, let's go another way with this. At the same time, the long-time friendship between Guza and Pratt had cooled off, considerably. Chuck wrote a treatment for a different story for Robin. One that was based loosely on Grey's Anatomy which was, at that time, knocking the top off television ratings. Pratt passed it on to Frons who liked it and said let's do this instead. Guza was so mad he almost blew a gasket and that's why we had Jason making it clear he would sacrifice Robin's life for Sam's during the virus epidemic, and that's why we had  Robin standing outside Patrick's hotel room while Patrick and Carly were making out on the bed inside and that's why we had Patrick sleeping the nurse in the shower at the hospital. I forget her name. He hated Scrubs because it wasn't his plan and he hated Scrubs because it was Pratt's plan and the only reason we got a good story is because Frons knew how to exert power. People hated Frons and to be honest he deserved a lot of their wrath, but he is responsible for Scrubs.

• Members

Honestly no to the SOS, but what others are saying about KMc being reluctant to go against a JaSam fanbase ring true.  I thought Liason was always the plan.  The only other early aught's rumor in storyline I remember sounding factual is Sam basically took Brenda's planned story in the beginning : sleeping with Jax/Sonny, who's the daddy, and eventually falling in love with Jason.  Made total sense that's where they were headed.

Scrubs had some dumb stories, but I always thought KMc could rise above it.  She always had such natural chemistry in all her romantic pairings.  She is someone who could sell me anything.  I find her earnest and endearing, not particularly beautiful or charismatic: just real.  There was a realness that MB/Sonny and SBu/Jason had in the beginning that was lost over time.  KMc never lost that.

• Members

Schuyler and Rachel - OLTL 

Scott Clifton and Daphnee Duplaix had tons of natural chemistry that made them one of my friendships on the latter run on the show. They too had some romantic chemistry that might've been explored if they were all fired in 2010.