Romantic Pairings that Should Have Been—But the Show Didn't Go There

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I also think Kristina and Ethan was set up for perfect super couple storytelling and were a stupid missed opportunity.

I even think it would have been cool to recreate the summer on the run from Luke & Laura, but for it to be Sonny instead of Frank Smith.  Mix in Luke and that has the foundation for a great story and couple.

• Members

I am not sure if Sonny being after them-as in actively trying to hurt them- would have made me happy because, he is as always being super hypocritical of age differences,  but him being firmly against it would have been fine.

On another note-the show should have went there with Dante and Brenda.  Not because I thought it was a good story, but if you are going to pump us up with this huge secret for months to make it absolutely nothing you really are a lame writer Bob Guza.  Besides, Brenda hooking up with Sonny's son that no one knew existed isn't that big of a deal.  It's kinda gross but Dante and Brenda would have literally done nothing wrong except to make Sonny's head explode.

• Members

That's another aspect of their relationship I liked, it bothered Sonny and Ethan never let Sonny scare him off from spending time with Kristina. Sonny was super hypocritical there considering the much younger women he dated. There was a great scene where Alexis pointed out his hypocrisy for being ok with ex-stripper and older Abby dating Michael but hating the idea of Kristina and Ethan, and they actually had Sonny say that it was because Michael's a boy.

Edited by SamandWillowFan

• Members

There's an actual scene where Brenda defends Kristina saying she was the same age when she met him and Sonny totally disregards her and tells her it's family business.  I remember being like what? wow? 

• Members

Well I’m pretty sure Bob Guza did intend them to have been together and the kid was Dante’s.  And in true GH fashion, the talent got in the way.  Just like Burton fought against every pairing except Sam, especially Carly (when the show clearly wanted that), Vanessa did not want the Dante angle.

• Members

Oh, I know Vanessa was against it.  And I don't disagree with her in theory.  I just feel like the show wasted so much time on Dante and Brenda for legitimately nothing.  Brenda hooking up with Dante would have been icky, but not the worst thing that ever happened.  They could have made the kid Jax's, which it should have been anyhow.   Besides Brenda set up an elaborate scam to make Carly think she slept with Michael the next year.  That's way creepier than hooking up with Dante.

Btw, I thought Burton disliked only the Carly pairing.  I thought he was fine with Robin and Liz pairings.  He seemed okay with the Courtney pairing too.

Agreed.  Awful return.  Much like Brenda, I realized I used to love Sonny but didn't like him much anymore.  She wasn't great either.  I just didn't get what VM was going for with her traumatized, whispery, weepy scenes.

• Members

You could have even kept most of the story the same with just Jax being the father instead and it would have been 1000 times better.  Brenda easily could have been pregnant when she left town in 2003.  If Guza had to saddle her with a kid (completely unnecessary imo) give her a kid with someone who she actually appeared on screen with.

• Members

I hated Emily/Nik and also loved Emily (mainly AT's) and Zander. So yeah. Agreed. Also agree about the show being idiotic for not pairing Alexis and Jax for real - all for Wendy Riche's insipid Chloe.