The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I also just deleted all my DMs, which I should have done ages ago.

Fortunately for me, most of the ones I follow are on other platforms. I am signed up with one or two other artist-centric platforms, so maybe I’ll dust those off and see what’s happening there.
Some people are already looking to jump onto other apps but I would rather take a careful approach. So many People have been signing up for CounterSocial that it got overloaded, but there is already talk that the creator is allegedly a George Zimmerman fan (that psychopath has fans??!)

There were some aspects of Twitter that were becoming a chore, in terms of posting. I was using it more like a news aggregator and a way to circumvent paywalls, lol. At least I won’t have to take a weekly dose of those infamous Twitter death hoaxes.

• Members

Twitter has already become unbearable in many ways. I was reading an article a few weeks ago as to one of the reasons for the other platforms failing. It's because the people on there want liberal voices to taunt. They feed from it. 

There is a long way to go before this becomes a reality if it does. Musk despite the reporting hasn't fully secured all the funding and there is the matter of apvl to come.

Anyway once it becomes private not only toxic but it will be filled with ads and people will have to end up paying for a non ad twitter space.   Like youtube. No thanks. I don't even use it much anyway.

• Members

Granted, I haven't read much about the Elon Musk/Twitter situation, but what I have read makes two points clear:

1. Elon Musk has killed Twitter.

2. Twitter's CEO and board of directors are pretty much taking the money and walking away.