GH: November 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm so late replying but been so busy and not watching as much but yes, I hate it too. Bobbie/Jackie's always been a favorite of mine. I'm glad she at least appears now fairly regularly but there's just no life anymore. Sonny and Carly at the center bugs me so much.

Very late replying, but yes, I wasn't a fan of this time either but looking back 18 years, it looks Emmy-winning in comparison and so many good things were still around but it wasn't a good time. But it still resembled GH.

So much this ...

No one's really praising it as great material

Please register in order to view this content

But there's far more things about it that are appealing than in this day and age. Sad to say, I know, but it's true.

I don't consider it "good". I just enjoyed seeing a lot of actors and characters long gone and the show had actual sets and production values. But when you see how far the show falls ... it's hard not to appreciate this episode for a few reasons. "Good" time period for the show? No. But compared to the future? LOL ... 

Agreed 1000% with this

The show at the time, no, this period wasn't very interesting or good, I see it as the "beginning of the end" and it was nice to see SJB as Carly, Mo as dead eyes was setting in, Bobbie and Monica before the years of plastic surgery and being told they're too old to lead, Alan's alive, Amber Tamblyn was still Emily ... AJ was alive ... lots of things about it just made me nostalgic and it was nice to be reminded of a show that wasn't gutted. It wasn't a good time at all, really, but when you look back and compare it to now? LOL ... 

It hasn't been good in a long long time :/

But YAY, KIKI IS GONE!

Roger Howarth was [!@#$%^&*] awful. Why is he allowed to continue getting a paycheck? Why are there even fans of Franco and Liz together? It irks me each and every time I see them on-screen together. So many other GH men could be on the canvas but we're stuck with Howarth sleepwalking through his contract. Not to mention Finola Hughes looking beyond tired and being wasted on Michael Easton, another waste of a contract. Same for Michelle Stafford and her dead eyes daughter.

• Members

What’s very weird is that there are *so* many little stories happening all over the show, but it’s all written so poorly and shallowly and with characters no one gives a sh!t about. (This is the 2018 version of an overstuffed Marland soap, written by people without a tenth of his talent, backed by a network and production who are like “whatevs,” and it sucks.) The day-to-day scripts make Mal’s dreadful Y&R feel like Claire Labine. It’s really that bad. Maura managed to partially rescue some very weak writing.

• Members

Pretty much says it all. Maura's great but the show has such low energy. DAYS suffers from the low energy too. The script-writers usually save DAYS for me on a daily basis but even that's been a struggle. GH is too bloated and all over the place.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!! AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!!! I'm soooo happy.

There's a long list ... but I have no order preference ... 

That Willow actress is another terrible dead eyes addition. It was so painful watching the scenes between her and Chase where he was trying to flirt with her (sorry but he should have been gay and mixing it up with Lucas and Brad but heaven forbid they get airtime in their own storyline - though it's sadly gone up, which isn't saying very much)

Why are they casting actresses that all look alike and have brunette hair? Lawd. And to top it off they bring Britt back who's nearly identical to the actress playing Sasha (which of course makes sense and is good casting, I guess, but still ...)

Cohen was pretty painful, but to be fair to him, how could he be invested when all Kiki and Griffin did was [!@#$%^&*] endlessly? I'm not saying he's great but it's not like they really invest in his character. 

Maura was great. I just love her and I'm glad they keep giving her great things to do. It's all Emmy bait but I don't care.

It's not but no one is saying it is ... well, most of us aren't. We just "take what we can get" at this point and I'm thrilled Kiki is finally dead. I've hated the idea of her since Kristen Alderson's obnoxious version. I know you didn't hate her as much as the others but Erin was awful and Kiki was dead weight.

• Members

This might be Ryan’s most diabolical and evil story ever.  The angle of killing Kiki and seducing Ava at the same time is depraved.  Even if Kiki was a terrible character from the beginning with two completely different actresses it’s still awful.

I hope the show goes all the way with that once Ava learns the truth.

Maura is really selling terrible writing.

I can’t help but think if this show had the Cullitons writing the scripts through thin material, as DAYS did, would the scenes make the stories better?  I think the answer is yes.

While the production values are not what they were, I have to say that I think the show looks better than it did the last time I watched this much.  The blue thing has calmed down, people have different looking homes.  In one week I saw the hospital sets (rooms, offices, main floor), the Haunted Star, a church, a classroom, Kelly’s, homes for Liz, Carly, Ava, Maxie, Kiki, Valentine, Anna (well a bedroom), Sam, and the Quartemaines, the Metro Court bar, Julian’s bar etc.  That is almost classic soap level in the diversity of locations.

This show being described as Marland level of characters and stories going on but without the heart and talent and soul  is so right on it’s almost scary.

• Members

Imagine the fun we could have had if Alderson were playing her. 

"Kiki murdered, dumped on "Haunted Starr".........

Please register in order to view this content

I'm sorry, and yes I know Swickard is straight, but the only person he's 'clicked' with, was Michael. He feels like Lulu's brother in their scenes, there was zero chemistry with Nelle, and Willow is just Kristina without the girl crushes. Sorry, but elementary school teachers haven't been soap leads since the 1950's for a reason. She's got two huge stories they are obviously planning, dead Wiley's mom and Nina's daughter. She has zero charisma.

Entitled brats:     

Both Charlotte and Spencer can both take a flying leap. Between both of them looking down on their cousins and talking like 50 year olds, they seem redundant.

Post wedding:

One minute Jordan is throwing her bouquet and Nina catches it. The next, Nina is with Charlotte and whats his face, I mean Valentin  in the city at a show.

For the love of gawd, the Red Menace is so force fed to us she is literally in almost every scene.

Kim ready to kidnap her kid to South America was also stupid. Of course, it only makes "zero" I mean "hero" Julian look like the best thing since sliced white bread.  Who else remembers his time in jail? You know, when no one missed him?

And then there's Maude. I mean Franko....

Art therapist (note therapist is'the rapist') by day, father figure to the child he kidnapped years ago by night.  I wonder who will realize Kevin is Ryan first?  It won't be Jordan, Anna, Laura, Lucy, or Felicia. Nope. Odds on favorite will be Franko---distorted faces and constipated looks-- he is the show's new force fed hero...... Again, when he was 'in New York facing lawsuits from his victim's families' the character wasn't missed and his contract was out.     Thanks ValenVarni.....

Maura West is on fire, and the Ryan/Ava chemistry is off the charts.

Curtis/Jordan wedding was rushed. I would be more invested had NuTJ been on for a little while, as well as BH as Jordan. The family has been developed (somewhat), and my Stella is gold.   Mike should have accompanied her to the wedding.   As for Curtis, he has chemistry with everyone. Donnell Turner has been a good addition to the show.

Poor Finola stuck looking bored af in her story, and who can blame her?  Easton's character is a snooze.  If not for Breetah and Obrecht, , the story would be DOA.   As for Peter, he and Maxie are "there. " Nothing to really give enough thought to, and Lulu is just tweedling around with little to do without Dante.

We need more scenes with Monica explaining the Q's history, more Bobbie, more Lucas, more Scott. We need acknowledgment of Gail's death.  More Alexis (sans Jillian), Mac, Felicia, Ned and Liv.

Griffin:"I luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvved her Ava."  Me: okay, last year it was God, then Ava, then dead as a doornail Kiki.  Next it will be Roxy Finn.

Kristina and Oscar seem to be joining a cult. That Daisy person was babbling about the teachings of the DOD the other day ....Yaaaawwwnnn!

Jason, Sam, Carly and Sonny is the SOS

Don't care about Margaux, her dead daddy at all. Please Ryan----a little help here will ya?

Don't mind Cameron. EM as Joss is annoying, but not the worst. GS as Oscar needs an acting coach, stat.

• Members

I could've sworn they had an acting coach on set? The kid playing Oscar needs help ASAP. I can't believe they gave this kid such a huge story. He's awful. Tamara is the only one actually trying in this storyline. I want to like Kim - because I love Tamara - but the writing just isn't there.

Archived