Sign in to follow this  
j swift

Been There Done That - Characters who faced the same calamity twice!

It's a given that everyone on soaps had been married, widowed, and/or divorced multiple times, but I was thinking about soap characters who have faced a statistically impossible crisis more than once:

Hope (DAYS) - at least three plane crashes - (1), Anna's fashion show in Haiti, (2) traveling to Melaswen, (3) the trip to Ireland when Shawn died.

Laura (GH) - killed two of her stepfathers/mother's lovers - David Hamilton & Rick Webber

Viki (OLTL) - two children kidnapped at birth - Megan and Natalie - bonus, her house burnt down twice

Asa (OLTL) - twice a bigamist with two wives hidden in foreign countries - Olympia & Pamela

John (DAYS) - inherited at least three different family fortunes, when not originally named in the will - Alamain, Toscano, and part of the Dimera estate

I hope others can add to the list, let's keep it light and stay away from capital crimes.  

1 hour ago, j swift said:

It's a given that everyone on soaps had been married, widowed, and/or divorced multiple times, but I was thinking about soap characters who have faced a statistically impossible crisis more than once:

Hope (DAYS) - at least three plane crashes - (1), Anna's fashion show in Haiti, (2) traveling to Melaswen, (3) the trip to Ireland when Shawn died.

Laura (GH) - killed two of her stepfathers/mother's lovers - David Hamilton & Rick Webber

Viki (OLTL) - two children kidnapped at birth - Megan and Natalie - bonus, her house burnt down twice

Asa (OLTL) - twice a bigamist with two wives hidden in foreign countries - Olympia & Pamela

John (DAYS) - inherited at least three different family fortunes, when not originally named in the will - Alamain, Toscano, and part of the Dimera estate

I hope others can add to the list, let's keep it light and stay away from capital crimes.  

Viki's son Kevin Riley was also kidnapped at birth.

Marlena has been kidnapped 9 million times, LOL.

More statistically improbable occurrences:

Springfield and Port Charles have experienced, a hurricane, a blizzard, and an earthquake; most towns don't get more than one of those natural disasters

Reva Shayne was perimenopausal twice, bonus for never giving birth to any of her kids in a hospital

Dorian Lord was involved in two fatal car crashes

8 minutes ago, j swift said:

More statistically improbable occurrences:

Springfield and Port Charles have experienced, a hurricane, a blizzard, and an earthquake; most towns don't get more than one of those natural disasters

Reva Shayne was perimenopausal twice, bonus for never giving birth to any of her kids in a hospital

Dorian Lord was involved in two fatal car crashes

Springfield had an earthquake? I don't remember that. I recall one on that silly island where Reva was a princess.

Dr. Althea Davis on The Doctors has had brain surgery at least 2 or 3 times.

1 hour ago, robbwolff said:

Springfield had an earthquake? I don't remember that. I recall one on that silly island where Reva was a princess.

I think Althea had five brain surgeries in total, if you count the exploratory procedure she had between the two full surgeries she had during Nick’s last visit (adding to the two she had prior to 1976).

On GL it was San Cristobel that had the earthquake. 

Reva had two rebellious sons who accused her of abandoning them and acted out on it. Both had baby drama. 

Edited by MichaelGL

During a five-month period in 1989 on Days, Shane was shot by three different people in three vastly different circumstances.

Alex Marshall had two wives murdered at a party just after they had told off all of Salem. 

6 hours ago, robbwolff said:

The blizzard was on the tropical island of San Cristobal also.  Phillip and Beth...stayed warm and conceived James. 

16 hours ago, Titus Andronicus said:

During a five-month period in 1989 on Days, Shane was shot by three different people in three vastly different circumstances.

Was this during Shane's unfortunate ponytail period?  Guys who wore manbuns a couple of years ago should reflect on the early 90's men's ponytail craze and learn from the mistakes of the generation before them.

GL: How many times was Roger shot? 

DAYS: How many times did Stefano "die" or was shot? I'd love a rundown of everything. 

OLTL: Didn't Viki have two daughters she didn't know she gave birth to?  

How many men have had multiple full grown children plop down on their doorstep? John Dixon had two, Margo and Duke. (It's probably more of an anomaly for a fairly long term character NOT to have some unknown kid show up in town.... )

Didn't GL's Beth have amnesia twice? 

33 minutes ago, P.J. said:

How many men have had multiple full grown children plop down on their doorstep? John Dixon had two, Margo and Duke. (It's probably more of an anomaly for a fairly long term character NOT to have some unknown kid show up in town.... )

Didn't GL's Beth have amnesia twice? 

Speaking of ATWT men and children... Hal Munson missed out on the first years of three of his children (Adam, Nikki, Parker), because their respective mothers didn't inform him he was their father.
Then when he finally did know about a child from the start, she (Jennifer) turned out not to be his.

Also... didn't the Wade Book Store catch on fire twice? I've seen one of those in the early 1980 episodes on Youtube, but I could swear I've seen clips of Joyce setting fire to it as well?