Sign in to follow this  
j swift

Been There Done That - Characters who faced the same calamity twice!

19 minutes ago, Brolden said:

Speaking of ATWT men and children... Hal Munson missed out on the first years of three of his children (Adam, Nikki, Parker), because their respective mothers didn't inform him he was their father.
Then when he finally did know about a child from the start, she (Jennifer) turned out not to be his.

Also... didn't the Wade Book Store catch on fire twice? I've seen one of those in the early 1980 episodes on Youtube, but I could swear I've seen clips of Joyce setting fire to it as well? 

It was less than a year for Parker, but was he there for Will's birth? 

Rachel on Another World was blind 3 times. In 1978, she was blinded temporarily while being rescued from Sven. In 1983 she was in a car accident with Steve Frame that left her sightless for several months. In 1991, she was attacked by one of Carl Hutchins's hitmen. The attack left her with vision problems for several months

Nikki Newman has been married to many men, killed several people, been kidnapped or terrorized by psychos, duped into many scams etc....since 1978. Lather, rinse, repeat.

On Days, Steve lost the same eye twice in a fight. He lost his real eye in a fight with Bo. Years later, he donned a glass eye to go undercover and it was damaged in a fight with Victor's men so it was back to the patch.

2 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

Y&R: Sharon has slept with three separate sets of brothers.

Wait, there was Jack/Billy. Are you counting Dylan/Nick (Nikki’s sons) and Adam/Nick (Victor’s sons) as separate or am I forgetting some people? (Easy to do considering how many men Sharon’s had in the past decade.)

As I pointed out in the ATWT thread a few months ago, Craig Montgomery has slept with 1 trio of sisters, 3 pairs of sisters and 3 mother-daughter pairs throughout his years in Oakdale.

I thought the title of this thread had to do with people who faced calamity twice?

On ATWT, I'd say Barbara Ryan went on trial for murdering her ex-husband James Stenbeck, then had to watch her still teenage son go on trial for essentially the same crime nearly two years later.  Both times James turned out to be alive.

Also on ATWT, I'm pretty sure Lily Walsh got kidnapped at least twice.

Then, there was Margo Hughes who had two miscarriages, each with seemingly a more devastating fallout than the last.

Speaking of the Montgomerys,  Lucinda had to scramble to try to find her presumed dead former protégé and son-in-law Craig, then has to do the same thing with her presumed dead daughter Sierra about a year later.  Both turned out to be alive.

A bit ridiculous with the married couple's presumed deaths but I guess Scott Bryce and Finn Carter each wanted time away from the show and Marland tried to build big drama around what essentially had to be a highly inconvenient situation as that couple was very hot at the time.

22 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Are you counting Dylan/Nick (Nikki’s sons) and Adam/Nick (Victor’s sons) as separate

Yep.

Nikki & Victoria share three separate men Cole/Brad/Deacon

CC Capwell had two wives that were presumed dead but weren't (Sophia and Pamela).  Also, his house had to be rebuilt twice, once post-earthquake and once after a fire. 

5 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Also on ATWT, I'm pretty sure Lily Walsh got kidnapped at least twice.

Then, there was Margo Hughes who had two miscarriages, each with seemingly a more devastating fallout than the last.

Oh honey...Lily was kidnapped/held hostage a lot more than twice. At one point, I swear it was a yearly thing. She was held once on Montega, where she got a scar and Duncan rescued her, Hans held her in the Belltower, and she and Rose were kidnapped in 2003. And that's off the top of my head. 

Holden was presumed dead three times.