Days: September 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Seriously?  That's why we're being subjected to this nonsense?  SERIOUSLY?

Oh, my God.

A perfect opportunity to do some serious, grounded drama that touches on a subject many understand all too well...and it gets tossed for another doppelgänger story.

Pull the plug, NBC.  Just pull the [!@#$%^&*] plug and bring on Kelly Clarkson.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love y'all, but I'm not getting into that debate again.

To me, a dead soap is better than a soap on life support.  Which is exactly what DAYS is.  Budget-wise, and creative-wise.

Feel free to disagree, though!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Days has never been, budget wise as bad as it is right now. an creative is just...KC insists on this wacky plot driven mess to keep people around because apparently that's what he likes. he can;t stand stories that have real emotional punch. and the 6 months ahead filming has damaged this show almost beyond repair.

I'm right there with you Khan. cancel it. if this is what Days has sunk to then what's the point? I mean, for me, there isn't one likeable character on this show. all of them are one note servine horrible stories. the overacting has now spread like a Living Dead virus across the entire cast. that should be it's tagline "......When There's No More Room On NBC, The Overacting Will Go To Days Of Our Lives."

• Members

Playing catching up...been busy with work and finishing a novel...didn't realize I let a LOT of time go by. lol.

That said, I'm watching the week of 9/3 to 9/7 and wow. RC lose the momentum he got from Wedding Week. Quicker than I thought he would tbh. 

Not helped by the evil Gabi plot abruptly being dropped into what should be the A story aka the Marlena in hospital while other storylines revolve around it. 

• Members

9-7-18

Hmmm....I see a shift going on. If the last episode felt abrupt, this episode has calmed it down. Marlena and the wedding aftermath has been B story for the last half of the week. Or maybe I should say that her part of it has been B story as John tries to hang on and Belle mentioned insurance papers and Paul in surgery. 

Being at the end of this week, I would say this week has been about Will/Sonny/Paul as A. Happy to see Paul isn't being killed off...thank God. SO FAR. LOL!!! I see potential in it. But I am worried it is going to go FAAAARRRR left.

Can I take a moment to say GV has been looking yummy throughout in that shirt. LOL!!!

And now I see potential in Evil Gabi.

However I see from writing that I see potential. I like that, but I worried that maybe this might be a case of missed opportunities.

• Members

Can we ban the cliche of someone on the verge of a breakdown, pouring himself a drink and flinging it across the room? The only thing that would have made it more cliché is Eric throwing it at his reflection in a mirror, but DAYS ain’t got the budget for that lol. It’s as bad as crying in the shower.

• Members

I enjoyed today's episode. I thought that Greg Vaughan did a nice job when Eric confronted Brady. I feel bad for Jen, I believe she really did love Eric, but ultimately realized telling him the truth about Nicole was the best. I am looking forward to seeing what happens when Brady finds out the truth about Eve. I do like them together, even though Eve will be getting some comeuppance for her smug behavior with Jen, and not leaving well enough alone, when she kept anatagonizing her about Nicole being Eric's first choice. 

I liked the Sonny/Adrienne scenes. I wonder how long Will can keep up this charade with Paul. He's not into Paul at all, and it shows in his facial expressions. He can only pretend for so long. I don't think that him or Sonny owe Paul much of anything beyond caring for his well-being. All this put "Paul first stuff will only work" for so long. He's going to find out the truth eventually, it's probably better that it's sooner than later.  

Archived