Sign in to follow this  
John

Facts of life Reboot

Facts of Life tried to reboot itself in the series finale, featuring Blair playing Mrs. Garrett to Juliette Lewis and Mayim Bialik. What if...

I sort of remember the series finale but that edit was so bizarre, LOL.

So many '80s touchtones in one video sequence.  Right down to the all-purpose '80s hunk in Scott Bryce.:lol:

Seriously, though this reboot situation is becoming dire.:unsure: 

If they do this then they would be so foolish to not include Charlotte Rae for at least a cameo or one-episode appearance, if she is still acting.

2 hours ago, reallyhateskateonlost said:

Whats left for NBC to do?

Cosby-No

Night Court-No

Miami Vice-Not with out the music

Family Ties-Nope

Mama's Family reboot with Vicky, Carol, Dorothy and Allan as Bubba......

And no to the FOL reboot...the original is a classic and shouldn't be redone....

5 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Mama's Family reboot with Vicky, Carol, Dorothy and Allan as Bubba......

And no to the FOL reboot...the original is a classic and shouldn't be redone....

The thing with FOL is that it was 'rebooted' several times in its lifespan, so I think the concept can work. I just really need them to include the original cast. If they don't I will not bother watching.

FOL lasted for as long as it did, because of the chemistry among Mrs. Garrett and "the girls" -- and even THAT was shaky at first.  (Hence, the mass exodus/arrival of Jo at the top of the second season.)  So, no: unless Nancy McKeon, Mindy Cohn, Lisa Whelchel and Kim Fields are involved (and something tells me already that Kim is not keen to play Tootie again), this will not work.

54 minutes ago, Soaplovers said:

Next Punky Brewster will be rebooted.

Fortunately, Soleil Moon Frye still looks young enough to play the part. ;)

1 hour ago, Wendy said:

This reboot crap is out of hand.

It truly is.  "Frasier" notwithstanding, they're not even rebooting GOOD shows anymore.

Next, you'll be hearing that someone wants to reboot "Small Wonder," or "Out of This World."

I did most of my viewing of Facts of Life during a weekend marathon in college at which point I was in the throes of a nervous breakdown, which should tell you something about my feelings towards the show. I feel like it ran approximately 20 years. Near the end of my viewing experience I wanted to assassinate Charlotte Rae, followed closely by Gloria Loring.

I'd rather a continuation, something like Girl Meets World but better, let's have the originals(Jo, Blair, Tootie, Natalie) kids' all in same college together or something similar. Heck it would work since we still have Charlotte Rae with us too

18 hours ago, Khan said:

FOL lasted for as long as it did, because of the chemistry among Mrs. Garrett and "the girls" -- and even THAT was shaky at first.  (Hence, the mass exodus/arrival of Jo at the top of the second season.)  So, no: unless Nancy McKeon, Mindy Cohn, Lisa Whelchel and Kim Fields are involved (and something tells me already that Kim is not keen to play Tootie again), this will not work.

I think One Day at a Time has proven that you can "reboot" a series without being a slave to the source material and still do a good job.