Favorite Soap Opera Sets

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can someone correct this math if I am wrong?

I believe Liz Chandler inherited her father Kellam's mansion when her brother Todd shot him.  Liz and Neil lived there when they got married but then I recall that Victor Kiriakus bought it when Neil got into debt, Victor was funding the drugs in cassette schemes and, Liz left him.  Which means that the Kiriakus mansion was once the Chandler mansion. 

Also, a few year's earlier when the Dimera's strong armed Stuart Wyland out of Salem didn't Tony move into his house which is now the Dimera mansion?  If so, did the famous scene when Renee tells off the whole town then is murdered happen in the current Dimera mansion?  That set has been through a lot of changes including where the stairs are located.

Which means that nobody took over Bob Anderson's house which was actually the coolest house in Salem in the 1970's.

• Members

Was Bob Anderson's house the Lakehouse? 

Mickey and Maggie moved in and it stayed on screen till about 84 when Suzanne Rogers departed. 

I don't believe it was recycled.

Does anyone know where Mickey and Maggie lived when they remarried or did they become homeless?

They should have moved into the Horton home after Tom died. It was ridiculous to believe in later years that Alice was living alone in that house.

• Members

The last time the Salem Place set was used on the show was in 2004, the first couple of years after that when fans asked why they werent using it anymore, someone said it was a construction area. But they never said it was supposed to be gone permanently.

A couple of years ago you could still see the Salem Place set on Google maps. Here is a screencap I took back then and one today. It confirms what j swift said. That beautiful set was destroyed for parking spaces.

Please register in order to view this content

It was also used as the sorority house for Chelsea, Stephanie and Morgan  in 2007-2008.

• Members

I believe they've always been carpeted. 

I haven't seen more recent episodes yet (I'm still currently watching mid-June eps!) but one thing I noticed about the Horton living room when they brought it back in 2010 is that it looks more square now. Which, from a true-life perspective makes sense, but it didn't use to be so. 

Archived