Sign in to follow this  
DramatistDreamer

Why are soap fans so averse to online streaming?

After the success of these repeats I’m hoping CBS All Access uploads some of the early years of Y&R and B&B. I read that they’re going to transform into a bigger platform now that they’ve Merged with Viacom again and pull content from their other networks to create a streaming service more on par with Netflix and Hulu. I’d hope more soaps would be part of that. 

With Peacock, I’m holding out hope for Passions in addition to classic DAYS. With HBOMAX we have about two weeks and we’ll know if they’ll include Dallas, Knots Landing and Falcon Crest. I’m really hopeful for that Service having a broad variety of things. I’m really excited about the partnership with TCM for classic films. If they have a good collection of classic flims and shows I would be sold. 

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

After the success of these repeats I’m hoping CBS All Access uploads some of the early years of Y&R and B&B. I read that they’re going to transform into a bigger platform now that they’ve Merged with Viacom again and pull content from their other networks to create a streaming service more on par with Netflix and Hulu. I’d hope more soaps would be part of that. 

With Peacock, I’m holding out hope for Passions in addition to classic DAYS. With HBOMAX we have about two weeks and we’ll know if they’ll include Dallas, Knots Landing and Falcon Crest. I’m really hopeful for that Service having a broad variety of things. I’m really excited about the partnership with TCM for classic films. If they have a good collection of classic flims and shows I would be sold. 

I'd love to see an unedited Dallas on HD. The edited and sometimes poor episodes on dvd was disappointing.

Season 5 and beyond for FC would be great.

KL too in all seasons in HD.

Edited by Soapsuds