Sign in to follow this  
Franko

Anniversary Books You Wish Existed

Anniversary Books You Wish Existed  

22 members have voted

1. 1. If you could choose an anniversary book from an earlier era, which would it be?

• Search for Tomorrow (35 years in 1986)
    • Love of Life (25 years in 1976)
    • The Secret Storm (20 years in 1974)
    • The Edge of Night (25 years in 1981)
    • The Doctors (nearly 20 years at the end of 1982)
    • Ryan's Hope (10 years in 1985)
    • Loving (10 years in 1993)

They might not have been as factual or thorough as possible, but I'm grateful for the soap anniversary books published during 1994-99. 

From what I could find on Amazon, the first book from the 1990s was for All My Children's 25th anniversary.

The eight anniversary books were AMC (late 1994, I believe), GH and DOOL (1995), ATWT and B&B (1996), GL (1997), Y&R and OLTL (1998) and AW (1999). Amusingly, eight of the nine book subjects have another connection -- they're the only soaps to have expanded from a half-hour to an hour. 

All of em! I'd have to give a slight edge to Ryan's Hope. Would be all over that one. Not that I wouldn't be all over them all but I'd have to put it on the top of the list.

I've got a few books. I think I have that 40th ATWT one. The cover looks familiar. I moved a few times over the years so they're in a box somewhere, lol

I would get all of those.

I wonder if Y&R will get a second book in 2023 for its 50th, which will include years 25-50? I highly doubt it, but that and B&B are the only ones I can see receiving updates now...

20 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

I've got a few books. I think I have that 40th ATWT one. The cover looks familiar. I moved a few times over the years so they're in a box somewhere, lol

Tragic!

Now that some of these soaps have ended, I'd love to see versions that "wrapped it up."

Are GL and Days the only soaps I know that got multiple anniversary books? I know GL had anniversary books come out in 1987 and 1997 while Days had anniversary books come out in 1995, 2010, and 2015.

Edge of Night would be interesting... and I'd welcome Loving.. if only we got some inside info on all the changeover behind the scenes (lots of backstage clashes with the writers/producers).

What I would love is an oral history book about GH like the OLTL one from a couple of years ago.  Or an update on that one with people that didn’t participate like Andrea Evans now that they have a better idea of what that book was once published.