Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Toups

LATEST RATINGS: April 2-6, 2018

Recommended Posts

Looks like DAYS has stopped the bleeding. 

 

I know any increase is good, but I can’t help but think Y&R is disappointed with the modest WOW increases (and YOY declines) in light of all the shock-and-awe storytelling after the 45th. I suppose next week’s ratings will be more telling, but shouldn’t all this activity be outrating Sally’s low-energy stuff from last year? (I suppose May-June 2017 was her apex creatively.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

 

 

I know any increase is good, but I can’t help but think Y&R is disappointed with the modest WOW increases (and YOY declines) in light of all the shock-and-awe storytelling after the 45th. I suppose next week’s ratings will be more telling, but shouldn’t all this activity be outrating Sally’s low-energy stuff from last year? (I suppose May-June 2017 was her apex creatively.)

Y&R's demos are really bad and I am surprised CBS/Sony hasn't fired Mal.

5 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Looks like DAYS has stopped the bleeding. 

 

 

Eh...their highest was Monday and all soaps had their highest that day. The show is crap with the Gabby story.

 

 

And people have already tuned out to the Bill shooting mess of a story at B&B. Viewers are getting overflowed with way too much Liam once again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, all Brad Bell has done is swap Ridge of the 90s and 00s for Liam, Taylor and Brooke of the 90s and 00s for Steffy and Hope ... just wash, rinse and repeat. Brooke and Taylor did a lot of stupid things for ugly ass Ronn Moss's Ridge Forrester.

 

Not excusing it but it's clear Brad can only really do one thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Looks like DAYS has stopped the bleeding. 

 

I know any increase is good, but I can’t help but think Y&R is disappointed with the modest WOW increases (and YOY declines) in light of all the shock-and-awe storytelling after the 45th. I suppose next week’s ratings will be more telling, but shouldn’t all this activity be outrating Sally’s low-energy stuff from last year? (I suppose May-June 2017 was her apex creatively.)

Yep.

 

Good story can sometimes trump shock-and-awe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

 The show is crap with the Gabby story.

I wasn't a fan at first, but admittedly it's keeping me glued...I mean what other interesting story is there on the show right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, clubkidjeff said:

I wasn't a fan at first, but admittedly it's keeping me glued...I mean what other interesting is there on the show right now?

Him---------->  ezgif-2-318d1a3d54.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, KMan101 said:

I mean, all Brad Bell has done is swap Ridge of the 90s and 00s for Liam, Taylor and Brooke of the 90s and 00s for Steffy and Hope ... just wash, rinse and repeat. Brooke and Taylor did a lot of stupid things for ugly ass Ronn Moss's Ridge Forrester.

 

The big difference is that the Taylor/Ridge/Brooke triangle didn't completely monopolize the show, even during it's heyday. There were other stories on the show at the time. The writing was also way better back then, and frankly HT, RM and KKL were more charismatic actors than SC, JMW and AN/KM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JellicleCat said:

 

The big difference is that the Taylor/Ridge/Brooke triangle didn't completely monopolize the show, even during it's heyday. There were other stories on the show at the time. The writing was also way better back then, and frankly HT, RM and KKL were more charismatic actors than SC, JMW and AN/KM.

 

Even so, it's really no different at the end of the day. I agree the writing was better and so were the actors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2018 at 4:11 PM, KMan101 said:

 

Even so, it's really no different at the end of the day. I agree the writing was better and so were the actors.

 

It was also fresher during the 90's. Now viewers watch the 2nd generation and realize we've seen it all before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

It was also fresher during the 90's. Now viewers watch the 2nd generation and realize we've seen it all before. 

 

Yep, exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

I doubt it was KSJ's return that raised the numbers.  Moreso the Scooby Doo gang shenanigans and burying JT...which most were blasting.

 

39 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Wow. So the reset worked for that week at least. Sustaining it is the question. And I wonder about the demos.

Right?

Edited by clubkidjeff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...