OWN picks up Jamey Giddens scripted show!

• Members

Damnit, that’s so unfortunate. I thought it was a really fun show and now it’s ending on some major cliffhangers that could’ve easily carried another season.

I wonder why audiences just weren’t tuning into it? Did it not have a strong lead in?

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The center character was a clown you couldn't take serious, plain and simple!  Remember when we were first introduced to Empire?  Cookie was something we didn't know we needed.  Never felt that for Stefanie.  All I could do was cringe.

Perhaps Jamie can shop it around but recast before pitching it!  I love soaps but it has to be a good soap and I MUST respect the villain.  With Ambitions, I didn't respect the villain.  

• Members

I know early on it had the "The Haves and The Haves Not" as a lead in. And then it was previous episodes of Ambitions, that were leading up the new episode. I'm not sure what happened. Jamie said it did well with black viewers, but I guessed it didn't catch on as well as a whole. Though, like Y&RbiggestFan mentioned "David Makes Man" had less viewers (but is critically acclaimed) and OWN renewed multiple reality shows. 

I wish it would have been renewed. I was looking forward to seeing what happened after that cliffhanger. I wanted to see what happened after Hunter showed up the party shooting and wonder if maybe like Y&RbiggestFan suggested he was the one that hit Titus with the car. I hadn't originally thought of him as a suspect for hitting Titus. But him being guilty of that makes sense. I also wondered if Titus ended up surviving after he flat lined. I think he did. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I do think that a lot of people on Social media enjoyed the show. It was fun tweeting with them and the actors. A lot of the actors on the show were really nice and good with interacting with fans when the show was going on. Especially people like Essence Atkins and Brian White. I interacted with them both multiple times. 

I do hope that a lot people connected to this show might some nice landing spots. Including the writers. One of the things I really enjoyed about this show is that it didn't have a shortage of stories and potential stories. They had several interesting stories going on and more stories they could have told, especially with different people's family members. I would like to see some of the writers land elsewhere and use that creativity.

Goodness knows Daytime soaps could use a big dose of creativity. Because a lot of the stuff they show especially on the CBS soaps, is very boring, stale, and repetitive. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I don't know that Jamie would ever try and apply for a HW job for a Daytime soap. But I will say that Ambitions storylines were WAY better than anything that Y&R has put out in years. Definitely these past couple of years. I wouldn't have a problem with their writers writing for any of the Daytime soaps. I would welcome it. But I could see them moving on to other primetime gigs. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

It really didn't do that well for OWN - it did "modestly" at best. Yes, you can argue that David Makes Man did worse, but OWN has a stake in that show and it's actually critically acclaimed (for OWN standards) unlike Ambitions and the Tyler Perry abominations. I guess they wanted to expand on their programming and having another cheap soap along the Perry ones just wasn't on the cards.

• Members

Same. 

It serves him right to have "Ambitions" cancelled, but I am sorry for everyone who worked on and loved this show.

I'd trust you with Y&R (or any show) before I would Jamey [!@#$%^&*] Giddens.

Edited by Khan