OWN picks up Jamey Giddens scripted show!

• Members

It's the #1 Twitter trend now, for the first time ever. Though, I don't know if it will get much of a boost in ratings. Next week there are 2 hours of it and maybe some of the chatter will get more people to tune in then. It seems like next week's shows are going to be entertaining.

Edited by xtr

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Futon Critic lists two episodes airing on the 17th, so maybe it's just a badly worded promo causing confusion:

http://thefutoncritic.com/showatch/ambitions/listings/

I assume they'll give it to January to announce something, maybe to see if it can garner some streaming interest during the holidays.

Edited by te.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I enjoyed that episode. I think that this second half of the season had some pretty good episodes. The last four episodes in particular were really good and were smoothly done. 

Thoughts on the finale:

I wonder who hit Titus. Since Damian didn't do it, I wonder who was responsible? Maybe someone connected to the Purifoy family, especially since he was snooping about their past misdeeds. I do think that Lori was on to him. I also wonder if he died. They didn't show up what happened after her flatlined/Amara got upset. I think it's going to end up being revealed that the medical staff were able to revive him. I hope he sticks around. IMO, he is the best male character on the show. He's very appealing and sexy and is a great protagonist.

I also glad that Amara didn't end up really killing Damian. I was glad he was revealed to be alive after her/Stephanie thought she had killed him. I don't want Amara burdened with that. She's one of the few mostly moral characters on the show and I didn't want her having a homicide hanging over her head. I do wonder if her and Stephanie deciding to keep the secret about Damian will eventually have them become closer.

Evan/Rondell's cousin Darcia was trifling IMO, when she sold her shares of Thelma's place to Greg, making him the majority owner of the restaurant. I am interested in seeing how him and Rondell deal with being business partners now. She doesn't like him, but I do think they have chemistry. Even though him/Stefanie seem like they have feelings for each other and might have a star crossed lovers thing happen.

Also, I am interested in seeing if Stephanie really divorces Evan right now. I am intrigued about the possibility of her possibly ending her marriage. Though, I do wonder if her/Evan really love each other or ever loved each other. He did move to protect her after Hunter showed up. But he hasn't really acted like he had a lot of genuine feelings for her. He actually hasn't been very genuine with Bella, either IMO. Though, they seem to have gotten closer after he saved her from Perla and found out about Stefanie and Greg.. And I wonder if Hunter ended up hurting anyone when he showed up with the gun. I don't think anyone will die at the party, maybe someone suffers a minor injury or everyone ends up being okay.  I'm also glad to see Marilyn back, I think that she is a good adversary for Stephanie. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this season. When I had saw the previews for the show, I had thought it would be hammy, like The Haves and Have Nots, but it ended up being pretty good and I enjoyed the show and the characters. I hope it's renewed for a season 2.

Edited by xtr

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think that Hunter ran down Titus on his way to the Carlisle compound.

1. Hunter was upset at Titus for not taking his side.

2. Hunter was clearly drunk and upset.

Also, I think that Damian will make Amara and Stephanie believe they're being haunted by him. I know that might sound a little crazy, but he's crazy enough to do something like that, IMO.

Overall, the season finale was the best episode of the season. Great acting. VERY soapy. And, it left you wondering what could happen if or when there's a season 2.

ALSO, about the ratings.

OWN renewed David Makes Man which is watched by a [!@#$%^&*] ton less viewers than AmbitionsAmbitions gets about 350,000 more viewers than that show. Also, this is cable. Though OWN has more successful dramas, Ambitions gets great cable ratings. And, yeah, Jamey would bitch if a daytime soap got these ratings because:

1. They're on MAJOR networks.

2. They're shows with sometimes 50 years worth of fan followings.

3. That used to be his job to critique ratings, so...

• Members

OWN (or Harpo, Oprah's production company) has an ownership stake in David Makes Men, so it makes more backend profit from that show. It doesn't have that with Ambitions, which is probably why they've yet to announce a renewal. Not saying it won't happen, but they do appear very apprehensive at the moment. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Unforunately, this show wasn't renewed for Season 2. From Jamie and Robin Givens Social media accounts:

That's a shame. This was a good show IMO. And like some posters already mentioned in this thread, the season finale was very good. I thought that the cast overall was a good cast, especially the actor that plays Titus. I hope that the cast/writers land on their feet elsewhere.