B&B - Recast the Forrester Sons

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She didn't want the matriarch part quite just yet, but oddly had no qualms returning to Days in 1990 with Rick Hearst playing her SOARSed grandson. It can be a little obvious that clearly Stephanie Forrester was created/written with SSH in mind. She was playing Joanna Manning at the time on Y&R so she would have be free to do it, although someone once speculated she probably would have either been fired or gone off B&B Terry Lester-style by 1993.  I believe JLB was second choice but I don't believe JLB was ready to commit to a daytime serial again at that point. 

As for recasting, now I'm just waiting on Bradley to recast the role of Taylor with either Lisa Rinna or some Aussie soap star. 

• Members

Which part? Stephanie? 

Susan Seaforth Hayes has admitted that she can be a "bitch" (her word, not mine) and I don't know if she would have behaved herself to have the kind of tenure as Stephanie like the one Susan Flannery enjoyed. I wonder if SSH would have gotten along with Darlene Conley and been OK with her stealing so many scenes. Flannery had none of that ego - she stayed in her own lane and for years, her Stephanie was a compelling character. 

JLB seems way too young to play Stephanie - as would Jane Elliot if that's the part Khan was referring to. McCook always looked more mature than his chronological age, so he fit, looks wise, with Flannery. And Flannery being an older woman worked very well against Katherine Kelly Lang. 

• Members

Agreed.

Why did Ronn Moss leave when he did? I feel like he left all pissy with the show but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

I'd say bring them both back because the recasts suck (not saying Ross Moss was a master thespian, he was lol-worthy so much of the time but he IS Ridge, though I find Thorsten kind of passable I suppose, but his dour attitude and hypocrisy and that he looks like he needs a shower all the time turns me off). I don't see more recasts working. This was a case of  Brad Bell getting hot for an actor and wanting them in the role with little regard. He's so ridiculous. I can't believe what he gets away with.

Archived