B&B - Recast the Forrester Sons

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Drake has gotten a lot better IMO. He’s never going to be the next Larry Bryggman but I find him credible in small scenes more often than not. Ronn NEVER improved. He could be so present and attentive in scenes with KKL, HT, or JJ yet be so clueless otherwise. 

Don Diamont has almost regressed. He still has chemistry with female partners, but Bill Spencer just dulls any of the charm he had as Brad Carlton. Which was about all he had, really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Drake was never Olivier, but he had charm, especially in his Roman days and interactions with the rest of the Brady family. Which, to me, why it was a waste that Wayne Northrop was found to be real Roman, didn't stay again, anyway, left the show, then returned again as some dumb retconned hubby of Marlena's allegedly before Don in her romantic time line.

Drake should have somehow remained Roman, IMO.

Still, I agree he is a natural at generating chemistry with most of the women thrown at RoJohn. Strangely (and it may be my bias as I find "Doc" cold, and always have), I think the least chemistry he currently has is with Marlena. I concede they were popular and maybe still are, so this is likely unpopular as all hell. But meh.

As an aside, it's sad that Josh Taylor has played Roman longer than Northrop and Hogestyn combined. I still don't see him as Roman. Just Chris Kositchek.

Archived