Y&R Actress out?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You make a good point. It's combo of lazy writing and 'what's expected.' Unlike prime time, where women are written strong, but not 'b!tchy," daytime can't seem to find the balance, which is ironic considering they have plenty of airtime to create nuances and beats. 

Can you imagine if Phyllis had poisoned Billy using the face masks? Yeah, we know the wrath/judgment that Phyllis would've taken. Instead, Billy's actions are completely brushed aside within a couple of episodes because they made him a HERO for saving the teens. That's messed up. 

This leads to MCE's exit -she'll be portrayed as some scheming, villain, who's lost 'touch' with reality or whatever. 

• Members

I'd just like to note my amusement that our board's apparent only ardent Nick/Chelsea fan dropped her like a hot potato the moment the news came out, much like Sage before her.

I don't understand those people that get so fixated on one couple - or against one couple on the basis of shipping wars (I guess it's Phyllis/Nick/Sharon here) - that they'll stan for any boring new couple that prevents a reunion just to try to score points over some old grudge. It makes no sense to me, and it's so transparently immature. And no, I don't care for either couple in the original equation. But why try to tout lame replacement love interests? Just so the other couple you don't like doesn't 'win'? Move on.

• Members

I wonder if the truth about Christian's paternity when finally come out? IMO, Nick and Sharon should be raising Christian anyway, and I find it OOC that Sharon isn't trying to be in Christian's life.

Chelsea has been boring for awhile now, and MCE works best when she's playing a schemer. 

• Members

Completely agree that making Widow Chelsea was the worst thing for the character. Her only highlights before the past week were the tracking down Chloe arc and the two episodes with the Jordan 'reveal,' which should have resulted in Chelsea booting Nick after all the "I don't know who you are," despite Chelsea's on-canvas history.

I hope the reveal comes out so they can do a clean break with Chelsea and Adam's children. I can't imagine Chelsea leaving Christian behind. And while Sharon could certainly raise Christian, that whole storyline should just be forgotten. Sharon can spend more time with Noah/Mariah rather than raising toddler. Send Faith! to boarding school while they're at it. 

• Members

That would be optimal. I just can't believe that Chelsea would leave Adam's son behind. Then, again, she has no problem with Icky raising her son, but at least Billy's involved. I'm assuming they are going to 'reveal' that Adam is alive and that's why she's been getting cash - though it doesn't seem like she has a problem 'showering with Nick' during the interim.

They had to know MCE was leaving, so it's a bit unfortunate they are hastily throwing this exit together. 

Archived