"Murphy Brown" revival 2018

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Seeing the trailers for Candice Bergin's "Book Club" movie, some of those situations her character gets into is exactly what I want to see from Murphy in terms of social media, webcams, snapchat, etc. lol. It can literally write itself.

I just wonder how burned out people might be on politics. I know the climate is the perfect one to bring this show back in but .... look at how much people whined when Roseanne and Will and Grace talked about politics in their first episode back (and Roseanne not once mentioned HIS name).

His wife?

I believe Phyllis is his sister. It's likely so they can still say "Phyl" (instead of "Phil") and have it be a bit of a nod and joke to the original Phil. I love it. I think they cast the perfect actress to play his sister. It was a pretty smart move I think.

• Members

In at least one episode, the one where Linda Ellerbee guest starred, Phil referred to a wife named Phyllis. FYI did a story saluting the bar, causing it to become a tourist hangout. Phil couldn't handle the notoriety and was impotent.

But yeah, Tyne is playing his sister. Maybe I have too many hangups, but marrying someone with the same name as your sister seems a bit off to me.

Edited by Franko

• Members

I think it's well-placed.

I'll be shocked if it's a hit or lasts more than one season, but Roseanne shocked me too. I thought Roseanne would do okay but I didn't know it'd do that well. I'll just be happy to see the show again and see it standing for its values in 2018. And yeah, the promo was remarkably funny considering I found some of the old show - last I checked some years back - a bit creakier than I remembered. I'll have to see if it's on Hulu or somewhere and look at more old eps. Then again I last watched mostly the first season; I remember it being wickedly funny later on.