Y&R spoilers for todays US show. 10/23/07

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, I think it's about time Lily get on a bucking bronco like Nick after having to suffer milquetoast Cane all these years.

I have been trumpeting the idea of Nick-Lily ever since Chuck Pratt did a dream episode involving an Alternative Reality Genoa City, and Lily Winters Newman was Nick's trophy wife. Not only did they have a sexy chemistry, but she was more interesting than she's ever been. Superficial, trophy wife chafing at the restrictions the men in her life have always placed on her (without quite knowing why she chafes) was the role Christel was born to play lol.

I think this was may have been one of the very few Pratt-penned, Jill-produced episodes I ever enjoyed.

• Members

Nahhh Cane is a wimping whining twit! I'm not an apologist for the character of Nick by any means, but when it comes to love scenes and sexual chemistry, Joshua Morrow has it in spades. He has a virile, touchable, physical quality which not every soap stud has, but which is a valuable commodity in the genre. I know we haven't seen much of it recently because Nick is too busy making goo-goo eyes at Chelsea and throwing a temper tantrum at his dad, but back when Y&R actually invested in sex scenes, JM was king.  

• Members

this is literally the character description for Nick, tho. 

Please register in order to view this content

The fact that Y&R ptb stay neutering Cane in order to keep him on an even, boring keel w/ Lily aside - he's far more interesting than Morrow. Nick otoh is known for blowing out the bright lights of interesting female characters w/ his massive cloud of suck. Goddard's the better actor as well, imo. 

• Members

Remember when they did the "It's a wonderful life" show a couple of years ago and Nick was married to Lily? I remember the feedback here was surprisingly positive - it's a match that has never been explored. And, frankly, they looked good together. Something needs to shake up Nelsea - they're great as friends, but a romantic pairing absolutely does not work for either actor.

I doubt anything will happen on Tuesday (US), but, gosh, it would be great if Y&R (and all soaps) actually did 'flings' instead of making all pairings seem like 'destiny.' 

• Members

That was the episode I was thinking of upthread. I thought they had a certain sexy chemistry together. I also liked that it was a Winters-Newman pairing -- two core families.

There, fixed for you. 

Cane's the more interesting man? Goddard the better actor? In what universe? Well, I guess to each his own. I'm not even a Nick stan, but I have a fondness for the actor and his longevity on the show. We must agree to disagree. I stand by my view on Lily / Nick though.

• Members

29-30 (Khalil) and 43 (Morrow)... I'm disgusted, but not surprised. Older men + younger women is what peeps are used to in mainstream media. Personally, tho...

Please register in order to view this content

Archived