Days: July 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

to the last part

And agreed on the first part. The younger ones just can't really keep up. I can imagine daytime being VERY overwhelming to a newbie. It's just not the same as it used to be when soaps had a real budget.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Even now 14 years later it still suprises me to see people say Dena's material in 2003 was the worst. Yeah it was boring, but it was not close to being as destructive or insulting like some other time periods. Maybe because she was only head writing for five months and didn't have time to go there, but still.

• Members

Agreed. It left a lot to be desired but was nothing like this last stint and even the one before that. I really do think she came back to the show and wrote it as one big FU to the fans who got her fired the last time. JMO. I know some don't agree with that.

• Members

Agreed. I don't really see the need to have her wrangle all these dopplegangers to do her bidding. And Bonnie was never supposed to look like Adrienne, she was her own character, like Josh Taylor as Roman. It's lead to some fun comedy and Judi Evans and Dee Hall are clearly having a ball but meh ... at least he's getting his doppleganger fix out of the way now I guess. Fairchild is only around until Aug or Sept so it's not like it will be super long I guess.

Please register in order to view this content

• Administrator

Wow, Bonnie and Hattie.....doppelgängers all around! I wanted Ron to bring back crazy-DAYS and he sure isn't wasting anytime. I like it. 😄 Also like that the show has funny elements again ("bisexual disorder," Hattie not knowing what door to go out).  

Archived