Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They have tried to make Chelsea happen in what feels like forever!

Juliet has no real personality. The actress has potential but they're writing her one-note.

OMG you're so right about the tone of Philly's scenes. And I am happy I am not the only one feeling the Tessiah love. Are we ever going to see a gay couple on the show? It's preposterous.

• Members

I find it strange that none of the writers have had Chelsea be remorseful about giving away her son.  She's always talking about Christian and Connor being related and growing up together....why doesn't she give a damn about her biological child?  I could see her standing back when Billy was married to Vikki, but she made no move after Vikki's divorce.  Kinda weird for me.

• Members

Yeah I'm still finding it hard to believe that Reed/Mattie haven't 'put it together.'  Good grief how many people are named Reed and Mattie in GC. Not to mention the huge connection with Reed's stepmom. It's not necessary to pretend they don't know each other. The story would still work when consequences at B&S happen. 

I agree with consensus about Juliet - the actress is intriguing but the character has no depth. Hopefully we'll start to learn more about her

Is the Hilary reviewing the secret tape supposed to be revealing to Hilary? After all, it was Hilary who raised sexual harassment, which means she knew it was bogus. I don't think it works if suddenly Hilary has a change of heart because of Devon. She'll still lose him when Juliet reveals that Hilary put this in motion knowing the truth. What am I missing here? 

• Members

See? That's what I'm worried about.

Friday's episode felt like it was wrapping up all of the stories (before they take a turn/turn into a new story) and that Hilary scene was just a coda of sorts.

If so...we may never know. And if so...it is just jarring.

• Members

I think the point of Hilary turning the tape in is to show her doing the right thing. This is so Victor-esque. Hilary sets something in motion that gets out of hand but then is allowed to save the day to "make it right". I don't think it's necessarily to get Devon back but moreso to redeem her from this particular situation. Devon's already sniffing around whether she does this or not. I don't think them getting back together hinges on this and won't happen cause of it. They'll probably reunite when Juliet goes crazy on her. 

@Taoboi yes, I felt a turn and a new arc for this story beginning. 

• Members

Yep. THAT. A mostly wrapup with a pretty little bow. So...ugh.

I am here for the next turn, but I felt it could have gone on longer. Same with Dina's story. Maybe it is because MA has been playing it so well, but the other day there was a scene between her and Graham that came across more...sinister. But alas...

• Members

Hilary is better single then when she was with Neil or Devon.   She is a character that functions better on her own then within a couple.

I could understand Lily better and her always staying with Cane no matter how many times he had lied to her..if the show gave some insight into why.  Maybe habe it where she saw how Dru and Neil always fought...and they kept breaking up because dru would never 'compromise'...and so she wants to be the opposite of her mother...a rebellion of sorts.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

ok

You keep living in your world. I like Sharon and her rehabilitation and I think Nick's far more tolerable around her but I'm hardly a stan. You keep doing you. But it's true. You're obsessed. You counted the number of episodes he shared with her versus Phyllis. I mean, come on ... that's a bit obsessive.

Archived