B&B - June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

That's exactly my problem with Thorsten.  I still can't get over his non-reaction to Brooke finding out about Ridge and Quinn during the big Australia shoot.  He's on this location shoot and can't even muster the slightest bit of  emotion.  I do think there's chemistry between him and Rena Sofer, but he seems so bored when he's in a scene with anyone else.

I was worried for only a second about Deacon being thrown under the bus with the shooting, but as long as Hope exists, he'll still exist one way or another.  And it looks like he'll have the "falling off the wagon" excuse for the shooting.  "Reformed Quinn" will probably ask for leniency in dealing with him.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WTF Deacon was the shooter? Talk about something that made NO sense and came completely out of nowhere. This came about a year too late. F--k you Bell and this bullsh-t writing

So Katie, Quinn AND Deacon were all in that house yet none of them so each other. SMH

• Members

This is a mess, however, I do like Thorsten as Ridge.  Why did they need Sheila if they were going this route?  To make Deacon this villain  after this much time is ridiculous.  He should have been blackmailing Quinn when she first married Eric.  

• Members

You got it all wrong. Sheila is the story, not Deacon. I will be surprised if he gets more than 3 episodes out of this stint. This was done to give Sheila characterization as it supports that she may have changed since everyone pegged her wrong. This is a way to have her on the canvas and mitigate the villian status that everyone has with her

• Members

The main issues with TK as Ridge is he seems mostly checked out, and he has zero chemistry with Brooke. And that's a massive issue. No wonder they're pushing this Quinn/Ridge angle, not to mention the drama it'll bring in Eric's marriage.

And I do wish they'd put him through a car wash and a vigorous grooming session.

• Members

I've said that as well RS is one of that actors that makes everyone look good. I mean who else could make the ridiculous Bad Santa thing work for almost a year! Especially when SK walked in the house. I hope they decide to keep him on. Deacon is a great flawed but character you can root for. Such a contrast to Widge.

TK has actually made Widge watchable but it depends on scene partner - Stuffy, Quinn and $B all work. It's hit and miss with H8ie, PRick, Myrna, C2 and Bad Santa. But his scenes with Brooke, DumbAs and GayJ are painful.

• Members

Just having Sheila back is insane. In what world would anyone with a history with this woman give her another chance? It's like Ted Bundy showing up and trying to make amends to one of the victims who nearly escaped him.  Everyone who knows Sheila should be hiring a body guard and getting a restraining order. I've always liked KB enough to overlook it, but then I just have to admit to myself that I'm willing to accept insulting writing to watch actors I like.  That's one unfortunate side effect of having only four daytime soaps left.  It's also a vote in favor of the telanovella format (keep dreaming, I know).

• Members

Imagine CBS cancelling Y&R and B&B and have two new soaps telenovela style begin and end in a year with both have an ending. Then two new ones begin after that......imagine seeing Liz Hubbard again and Susan Lucci and then seeing Hillary Smith on another soap. I don't know why no one has tried this and PC doesn't count because it was the same damn soap the whole time with just different sub titles.

Quinn shouldn't be around either. She tried to kill Deacon. When will that come out? No one should be giving her another chance either.

• Members

I thought Rena Sofer was terrible today -- over-the-top in all the wrong ways.

i can appreciate camp, but her scare over being shot at was cringingly awful, as was her floor crawling. Telling Ridge he saved her life was another awful scene performance from RS. I can't be the only one who thought she was bad today.

And Thorston Kaye is horrible as Ridge. 

Archived