May 1-5, 2017: Y&R/B&B Hit New Lows in Women 18-49 Demo

Toups

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She's lost almost 800,000 viewers from last year. That's just horrible no matter what.

You'd think he dropped all the stories since none are working with the viewers....from Brooke/Dollar Bill 3.0 again....to Thomas and Sally....If you look carefully there isn't much going on right now minus the Ridge kissed Quinn mess....

• Members

Yeah, I could see Y&R's demos coming days ago.

Very little compelling story is being penned right now.

No matter how some posters try to vehemently defend and argue with me (and I don't even think I'm being ultra- critical but I am very specific about what I criticize), the numbers don't lie, at least, when they are this consistent and so sustained.

So many promising storylines that went terribly awry.  So many poor pairings. And recently, even the dialogue, which was once a strong suit, has become lackluster. 

Welp.

As for B&B, I can't say that I've even bothered with that show for months now.

• Members

Eeesh.  I would say "what's that sound?"  Y&R and B&B hitting rock bottom, but I don't think they're near done yet going down.  I saw B&B for a total of 10 minutes this week probably...and unfortunately what this will mean is that rather than give story to Nicole, Rick, or someone different, he'll just start jamming Quinn down viewers' throats again 24/7 since that looked like it worked....and probably another Wyatt/Liam triangle with Steffy because she'll realize she really actually loves Wyatt, etc. etc. etc.  Quinn will try and break up the marriage to get the girl for Wyatt, etc. etc.  With these numbers Rena Sofer secured herself storyline coming up very quickly probably for the next year, as well as Liam/Wyatt/Steffy. 

What I'm interested in seeing is when are the budget cuts coming in a bad way for Y&R and B&B?  That's when things get bad - when the show starts to look horrible and they start cutting corners....and telling the cast they're either getting paycuts or tossed.  As is, just this week's news about Caroline not returning any time soon....and for a few months we've seen less of the Avant's parents, Sasha disappeared...it can't be long for the Spectra's....I think this is already showing up when you really think about it.  And the cast of B&B typically (when they're on a talk show) always talk about how fun it is to go on remote/travel shoots because no other show does it.  Which is sad...location shoots used to be such a ratings grabber and such a big deal back in the heydey of the late 70's to the early 90's...well, B&B's cast can wave goodbye to those location shoots with numbers like these.

When viewers leave, they just typically don't come back, and we're seeing it.  I don't know that I've ever seen such a rapid decline by a ratings leader and #2....they've deteriorated quick over the past year....they had room to do it and still be safe from any negative changes in paying cast, look of the show,, etc.  They're now out of room.  Y&R - I'll be interested what happens when we start hearing of the veterans being asked to take pay cuts because the money isn't there...and see who decides to leave, etc.  I would guess for pay that Braeden, Bergman, Melody Thomas Scott, Doug Davidson, Eileen Davidson, Tognoni...maybe Bregman? Jess Walton? Kristoff St. John? M. Morgan?  Are probably at the top of the pay food chain...I don't know who is on contract or what at this point...maybe not Jess Walton at this point since she's barely on.    

• Members

I really believe they should swap SSM and KA's places and see how that goes, or bring in brand new blood and have that person HW Y&R. don;t know what has went wrong with the writing....have stories been overridden, has MY been overridden by powers higher than him, I don't know....but the show, with a few exceptions is now all over the place. 

Archived