"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I enjoyed tonight's show and have been enjoying the show in general. I thought that the storyline with Roseanne's Muslim neighbors was good. I am glad that she got a better understanding of who they were as people. I also liked that she defended the wife when the cashier was being prejudiced towards her. Also, I am glad that they showed DJ's wife. I think that was good casting and she looks like she could be Mary's mother.

And I like how this show addresses that there are families out there who are struggling financially. A lot of tv shows don't really address this. They portray families as being able to basically afford what they want without any financial struggles. And it's not representative of what a lot of families go through financially. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I just hope the show won't put David and Darlene back together.. they should never have gotten married nor pro-created.  She was better on her own then with that clingy leech.  The sooner they divorce, the better in my opinion.

With that said, I'm wondering if Darlene is getting any sort of child support from David.. or getting unemployment from her previous job (did the show mention what she was doing that caused her to get laid off... it sounds like it was a decent job if she was living with her two children in Chicago).

Also, her daughter Harris may look like she could be Darlene's daughter.. she so is not how Darlene was as a pre-teen/early teen.  She kind of reminds me of Becky in personality.

• Members

I was wondering too if David was paying child support or at least giving some money to her to help out sometimes. Especially since she's had to move in with Dan and Roseanne, who are now currently unable to fully pay all of their bills. David should be helping out in some way. Even if it's just giving her some money, and doing things like taking her/the kids grocery shopping sometimes.

Roseanne did mention that Darlene got a severance check in the mail, but I don't know if she's getting unemployment or not. I also wonder when we might see her get another job.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I don't think Darlene and David need or even should be together. David can be on the show without them together but we know inevitably it will end up there ... lol

Maybe Andrea [Sarah Chalke] returns, leaves her husband and hooks up with David. LOL. Sarah's Becky and David definitely had a little chemistry.

I wasn't home Tuesday night so I haven't watched this week's episode yet. I know! lol.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I had thought they were going to draw out his relationship with Blue a while longer and then have Darlene eventually end up breaking those two up. I was surprised when they had them try and get back together so quickly and then break up again. I was also surprised that Roseanne didn't want them back together romantically as she loves David. (And in that episode it seemed like at first she did want them back together.)

I also wonder if we will see Andrea again. I think it would have been better if she had been a neighbor or some type of family member.

• Members

Agreed on Andrea. I know they were pressed for time but I'd have liked a little more. Being a neighbor would be better.

The David/Darlene thing was weird in a way. Roseanne has ALWAYS pushed them together no matter what. It's a little interesting to me she'd now realize maybe they aren't best for each other. I liked it. But Roseanne was always so gungho David/Darlene, no matter what she had to do.

I know they have Becky's drinking a lot as a joke right now but I do hope it leads somewhere.

I LOL'd at the name Blue so I thought they'd drag it out a bit more. I guess they could still introduce the character and say they got back together. The whole thing was a little weird. He was with Blue but going to reunite with Darlene. LOL, ok.