Y&R: August 1998 Episode Rankings

• Members

Ashley and Cole get married and the show promptly sends Ashley away for a few weeks. In even more great Victoria moments, Victoria feels the baby kicking for the first time during her ex's wedding and later calls Cole on his wedding night to tell him he can, after all, use the tack house while he's finishing his novel. You know, because it couldn't wait. Steve Connelly returns for a couple of episodes. The wonderful Leanna Love returns to interview Diane about her divorce on her talk show. While Jill gives the only witness in her case a check to help her out with her expenses, Katherine decides she wants to throw a huge gala to show off her estate -- and the stage is set! The show says goodbye to John Abbott, who won't return for over a year. Cole's fantabulous ass is on display as he and Malcolm solve the Veronica story. But, uh oh, Veronica/Sarah has lost her damn mind again and attempts to shoot Nikki in the barn. She gets a bale hook in the chest for her troubles, and Miguel gets his most iconic moment ever (which made the whole story worth it) before promptly grieving Veronica's death off screen. To end the month, the show features it's only serious gay characters, a couple, Dean and Troy, and the ever-amazing Victoria Rowell returns!

OocZZnF.pngkDhjt13.pngyBHZMFu.png

bqy1AeO.png9tBEEtw.pngmkDrl2R.pnglKNN3LF.pngb5HZean.pnghfRLEsp.pngKrfZlXI.pnggJ77tyQ.pngQosiDaY.pngOcUFtA5.pngStItW4M.pngoEGMOjI.png

August 1998 Episode Rankings

21 Episodes (Episodes 6433-6453)

1. Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) 17

2. Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki Newman) 16

3. J. Eddie Peck (Cole Howard) 15

4. Shemar Moore (Malcolm Winters) 14

*. Kristoff St. John (Neil Winters) 14

6. Lauralee Bell (Christine Williams) 13

*. Peter Bergman (Jack Abbott) 13

*. Joshua Morrow (Nick Newman) 13

*. Anthony Pena (Miguel Rodriguez) 13

*. Heather Tom (Victoria Newman) 13

11. Candice Daly (Veronica Landers) 12

*. Christian Le Blanc (Michael Baldwin) 12

13. Sharon Case (Sharon Newman) 11

*. John Castellanos (John Silva) 11

*. Alex Donnelley (Diane Newman) 11

16. Nick Scotti (Tony Viscardi) 10

17. Tricia Cast (Nina McNeil) 9

*. Barbara Crampton (Leanna Love) 9

*. Doug Davidson (Paul Williams) 9

*. Jennifer Gareis (Grace Turner) 9

*. Tonya Lee Williams (Olivia Winters) 9

22. Sabryn Genet (Tricia McNeil) 8

23. Ashley Jones (Megan Dennison) 7

*. Jess Walton (Jill Abbott) 7

25. Laura Bryan Birn (Lynne Bassett) 6

*. Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor) 6

*. Jerry Douglas (John Abbott) 6

*. Camryn Grimes (Cassie Newman) 6

*. Scott Reeves (Ryan McNeil) 6

*. Shari Shattuck (Ashley Abbott) 6

31. Marissa Arena (Marissa Barton) 5

*. Carolyn Conwell (Mary Williams) 5

*. Michelle Thomas (Callie Rogers) 5

*. James Wellington (Rob) 5

35. Don Diamont (Brad Carlton) 4

*. Gloria LeRoy (Beatrice Tucker) 4

*. Kate Linder (Esther Valentine) 4

*. Sandra Nelson (Phyllis Romalotti) 4

39. Christopher Kriesa (Charlie Ockwell) 3

40. Leslie Bevis (Ruth Perkins) 2

*. Doug Coupe (Troy) 2

*. Brett Hadley (Carl Williams) 2

*. Bryant Jones (Nathan Hastings Jr.) 2

*. Andre Khabbazi (Alec Moretti) 2

*. Patty Weaver (Gina Roma) 2

*. Greg Wrangler (Steve Connelly) 2

*. Unknown Actor (Baxter) 2

*. Unknown Actor (Dean) 2

49. Tamara Clatterbuck (Alice Johnson) 1

*. Judd Dunning (Chuck) 1

*. Karen Hensel (Doris Collins) 1

*. Ernestine Mercer (Millie Johnson) 1

*. Victoria Rowell (Drucilla Winters) 1

*. Lise Simms (Connie Wayne) 1

August 1998 notes:

Last airdate for Andre Khabbazi (Alec Moretti) August 20.

Last airdate for Jerry Douglas (John Abbott) August 21.

Barbara Crampton returns as Leanna Love on August 12.

Victoria Rowell returns as Drucilla Winters August 28.

P.S. I am missing an episode from next month. I can still figure out the rankings with 99% certainty due to clips and recaps, but there's still a chance it's off by 1 for Jack and Brad. Would you like me to post it anyway? 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel bad for replying so so late to this, but I just wanted to say thanks for keeping up this amazing work

and yes keep going

Please register in order to view this content

I'm very curious about 1999-2003 if you get to those!

its amazing the changes (slow changes mind you) Alden made after her first full month... I bet viewers were excited to see Leanna reappear after being MIA for at least 6 years before...they definitely gave her some juicy stuff dealing with Victor and Diane's divorce.

It's still interesting how they sent JD and John Abbott on an extended vacation for a year until he came back with Billy...I feel like John was mostly a supporting player under most of Alden's run, as well as being the caring father/grandfather, and that brief fling with Gina...he definitely filled the true moral center role...

is it just me or is Leanna's TV set and the Forrester living room one of the same?? Lol

cant wait for more of these!  

• Members

Actually John was a strong lead for much of Alden's run.

One of the best things about Alden's tenure was SO many of Y&R's older characters getting REALLY strong (in character) material

Characters like John, Katherine, Mamie, Mary and Millie flourished during her regime.

• Members

In some ways, yes.  She knows how to write an entire arc and the beats and how to develop characters within the plots.  But I felt her show after the first three years or so was boring.  Not Bill Bell slow, just kind of boring.  It needed something.  

If rumors are true she was battling it out with Ed Scott for total control by that point.  

That first year or so under her with Bell transitioning then her solo was the best the show had been since the early 1990's though.

• Members

I'm glad to hear people have been enjoying these. The thread didn't have any replies, so I thought y'all were over it!

Please register in order to view this content

No worries, September is coming within the next week or so. And it's a very interesting one, the type of thing you'd never see today.

Haha It may look like it in the screencap, but nope. They built a new set for Leanna's talk show and filmed backstage as well. The backdrop for the set does look like a setting for B&B, though, lol 

Archived