Jump to content

DAYS Gets ANOTHER head writer change


Recommended Posts

  • Members

I have three pages of goodness to read through but wanted to comment that while I have tons of issues with Ronald, I do think he's exactly the type of writer that would benefit from being at DAYS. And with Sheri and Ryan "creative consultants" I hope that actually means something. I seriously will take Ron over Higley a hundred times over.

37 minutes ago, Vee said:

The question is, will anyone be there to hold Corday off and keep him from firing them and rehiring Dena in six months?

 

As long as the show's still around ...

28 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

I guess we will have Sonny, Paul and Derrick watch Golden Girls together.....LOL

 

Ugh. This is one of the reasons I hate this man. A gay man can't even write for them. Thanks for killing the tiny bit of happiness I could have gotten out of this bizarre news.

26 minutes ago, Vee said:

I was surprised they didn't snap him up the minute he was fired, to be honest. But Ken Corday only likes people he knows and can control.

 

But that requires him paying attention. He needs to get off that golf course first ... You give him far too much credit. He NEEDS to pay attention. He doesn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the problem at GH was twofold: Yeah, that was awful filler Ron should be justly criticized for, but in terms of airtime vs. quality it was also apparently all they could get onscreen. Frank was evidently quite risk-averse after the Kish ratings issues at OLTL, and he made the call back then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
24 minutes ago, Vee said:

Are we counting her mental breakdowns?

 

All the criticism anyone's ever made of Ron stands, IMO. But DAYS is just a very different show, and his blend of insane camp with obsessive love for soap history and family - amidst his more toxic ideas, that is - is very much in line with this soap. I'm sure he'll come out of the gate with some bad ideas, but I also expect some good ones. I also think he's the only one with enough balls to do things like try to get Wayne Northrop back as Roman*, and yes, I suspect he would resurrect Will.

 

(* - if that ever happens we'll know someone has Ken Corday locked in a broom closet)

 

THIS

 

Days is EXACTLY the soap he needs to be headwriting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 minute ago, Vee said:

I think the problem at GH was twofold: Yeah, that was awful filler Ron should be justly criticized for, but in terms of airtime vs. quality it was also apparently all they could get onscreen. Frank was evidently quite risk-averse after the Kish ratings issues at OLTL, and he made the call back then.

 

So Frank's why all the gays got were Golden Girls marathons? LOL. Can't say that doesn't surprise me. Ron was writing for them, as bad as the triangle was .... I'll wait and see on this one because he hasn't given me a ton to be thrilled about with his writing for the gays. I'd rather they be off-screen and appear like they do now. You can almost tell with his writing what he didn't want to write (most of it) and that he more or less said "[!@#$%^&*] it" at some point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Just now, JAS0N47 said:
OUTGOING HEAD WRITER DENA HIGLEY TWEETS "DON'T WORRY. I WON'T BE BACK. EVER"...
 

 

Wow. 

 

I know she and the fans had a pretty terrible relationship so I guess that was meant for them. 

 

I don't think she was much of a writer (aside from some random moments), but I hope it works out for her...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Just now, DRW50 said:

 

Wow. 

 

I know she and the fans had a pretty terrible relationship so I guess that was meant for them. 

 

I don't think she was much of a writer (aside from some random moments), but I hope it works out for her...

 

Well, a massive fan petition did assist in getting her fired one of those times. Not to mention when the leading lady of the soap opera you just spent three years writing for speaks out against you when she speaks out against next to no one .... Higley puts the H in Hack and I for one am thrilled she's gone from DAYS. FINALLY! We should have been spared the last year and all of this mess. She never should have been brought back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

 

 

Ugh. This is one of the reasons I hate this man. A gay man can't even write for them. Thanks for killing the tiny bit of happiness I could have gotten out of this bizarre news.

He never wrote for them. I don't get why anyone would think he would now.   His Kish stuff on OLTL was good but didn't last long and the wedding fiasco on OLTL with Dorian was awful/atrocious!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 minute ago, JAS0N47 said:
OUTGOING HEAD WRITER DENA HIGLEY TWEETS "DON'T WORRY. I WON'T BE BACK. EVER"...
 

 

Please register in order to view this content

 

Good. I hope she keeps to her word. 

 

That aside, they seriously need to dump all the footage in the can and start fresh. Cheap or not, they need to do whatever to regain fans and watching Dena's material all the way to August ain't gonna cut it. 

 

While I don't like Ron, I do think he is vast improvement from Dena. I also think that DAYS might be up his speed. DAYS has always been a campier show than the rest (thanks to JER), so he might do OK. Glad that Sheri will be there to reign his goofy ass in if he gets too out of control.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 minute ago, KMan101 said:

 

Well, a massive fan petition did assist in getting her fired one of those times. Not to mention when the leading lady of the soap opera you just spent three years writing for speaks out against you when she speaks out against next to no one .... Higley puts the H in Hack and I for one am thrilled she's gone from DAYS. FINALLY! We should have been spared the last year and all of this mess. She never should have been brought back.

 

The funny part is if the show stays around she probably will still come back eventually...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 minute ago, Soapsuds said:

He never wrote for them. I don't get why anyone would think he would now.   His Kish stuff on OLTL was good but didn't last long and the wedding fiasco on OLTL with Dorian was awful/atrocious!

 

That Dorian [!@#$%^&*], while not excusable, was never meant to be taken seriously. It should have been but I was never offended or hurt or bothered by it. He's very hit or miss though but I think DAYS is right up his alley so I'm desperate for my show to be entertaining again. It's got all the right materials, the right people, the script writers are good, but the overall direction of the show sucks. If it can maintain a good crew, it will be fine. One of Ron's problems is his poor script writers.

1 minute ago, DRW50 said:

 

The funny part is if the show stays around she probably will still come back eventually...

 

LOL sad but true

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy