Y&R Promo:Steaming Things Up

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eh, only potential supercouple pairing for Kevin is if they'd put him with Daniel. I still say when Joan Van Ark was Gloria it seemed like they were heading that way. At the very least she was playing it that Kevin had a crush on Daniel. Of course this is back when Kevin and Gloria were actually interesting. 

• Members

Aside from a few moments with Jana (who usually seemed more like a galpal), I've never seen Kevin as anything but asexual. That Y&R is still trying to pretend otherwise just shows how little the show ever truly changes. 

• Members

I think Kevin was definitely at his best when he first appeared on YR and was evil. They should've continued on with the dark side of Kevin and build from there.  Then eventually write him off instead of trying to transform him into this bad guy gone good.  Some characters are meant to only run for a certain length of time.  There are characters that are meant to be and have longevity for years and years.  Then there are characters who are supposed to be there for 6 months to a year or 2, but that's it.  I believe Kevin was supposed and should have been one of those characters.  Gloria was cool to have around and at the very beginning, truly worked.  I like that they did bring her back because there is much that can be done with her.  However, where they messed up was with different pairings or romantically pairing her with some men.  They haven't always integrated her with the right characters in my opinion.  YR may also need to look into bringing back some of their older characters from the past and building new history and revisiting old history from there.  For example, bring back some Brooks and Fosters or their children would be a start.

Archived