Netflix: One Day at a Time

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I hope Netflix loses Friends and The Office

Also, I just don't believe that they are pleased about the WGA's #staffingboost initiative because studios and entities like Netflix love to do those packaged deals with agencies like CAA and WME that caused writers to fire their agents in the first place.

The fact that they don't want to see ODAAT at another streaming platform is one of the few honest moments of expression in this article but the use of the word "inappropriate" grates at the very least, as does Holland's condescending attitude about what a massive investment they made in "this special little show".  Why exhaustively use the word "little" and then insinuate that it was a highly expensive flop?  Netflix doesn't release numbers (viewers or cost breakdowns) so it's hard to decipher what is true and what is hyperbole.  Suffice it to say, after reading that article, I'm remain wary of Netflix and in terms of seeing them as an honest (or what passes for honest in the entertainment industry) broker to creatives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The sad part is that there is interest in the show, but Netflix said they're basically not letting it be revived elsewhere. I mean, what? Other networks have let their shows go to be revived by them but they can't do the same?

• Members

No, that's not what this is. Netflix refused to allow any other rival streaming outlet pick the show up as part of a clause in the contract. CBS All Access wanted it and Norman Lear made a personal appeal but Netflix said no. This does not prevent a regular broadcast/cable network from picking up the show, which is what CBS is now attempting.

• Members

Meh at Pop (though I'd rather it be cable and not broadcast). I guess I can't get my hopes up ... lol. But I want it to continue. I just don't want a one and done. And I think it'll get lost on Pop. No one talks about Pop, except for Schitt's Creek. But maybe now they will? Too bad TV Land got out of the multi-cam sitcom game ... (and their schedule appears to be on autopilot for years now). I don't know why Pop doesn't thrill me. I don't have faith this lasts years and years and I don't want a one and done. (And if CBS All Access wanted a multi-cam sitcom, they could have moved Murphy Brown there instead of axing it ... just saying ...)

Netflix clearly made a horrible move here. Viewership apparently GREW from Season 2 to Season 3. GREW. Yet, not enough watched? Something's not adding up here. My guess is that a multi-cam sitcom just isn't the format they want, it's not "binge worthy" to them. They have a different criteria it seems. I don't get it at all.

How long do they have the cast? June? Something better happen soon!

Edited by KMan101