Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't want Neil gone either.  Sometimes, though, you have to acknowledge when a character has been written into a corner.  What Neil did to Hilary cannot be swept away easily, IMO, not even if he were to stay out of her and Devon's orbit for the next several years.  If you can't or won't kill him off, then you gotta have him leave GC.  Permanently.

I won't say Y&R has been awful with Sally, but I do think that as time goes on, she's going to find it more and more problematic just to ignore the past ten or so years and carry on.

Unless and until she starts looking for dick to heal her bipolar disorder, I'll have to disagree.

You slay me.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the problem is Sussman isn't ignoring it as much as we would like, in an ideal world. Several story repercussions and character issues were in mid-stream. But it's a hard balance to find. She still provided a strong and sudden reset for me on several character and family throughlines.

I like Robert Adamson but I'd be fine with a Noah recast, provided there is a purpose for the character. I think he's perfectly serviceable but it's a shame they lost Kevin Schmidt.

• Members

I tend to agree about Neil. Sadly. Everything he does causes me to roll my eyes, much like Victor. It's not a good sign. 

I guess they could relegate him to taking care if grandkids like they've done Victor. But I think KSJ would pitch a fit. So I'm at a loss. 

But one thing he can't do is continue to be in Hilary's orbit or even discussing her in any negative way. It's counterproductive. 

On a different note: Guesses on how many episodes pass before Hilary passes out only to have a pregnancy confirmed by Stitch? I'm going with 8. 

Dylan seems to be developing the In Too Deep Syndrome. I had a thought that it'd be hoot if he gets sucked in and lost to his handlers only to have him resurface (recast) in about 3 years real time as the big boss of the drug ring in Genoa City. 

• Members

If Hilary ends up pregnant the new regime will have her miscarry.

That's not the problem.

Morrow played serious drama for years when he was married to Sharon. It was Y&R devolving the character when they wanted to justify Nick & Phyllis that Nick suddenly became a perpetual fratboy.

No writing regime since has acknowledged that which the real issue.

• Members

A miscarriage would not surprise me one bit. Makes total sense. But why do you see it as the obvious conclusion? 

Yep. Have a recast teen Moses and Faith strung out on heroine. Then have Paul try to take out the ring only to come face to face with Fisk and find his son has taken over the man's life. Fisk is not a person's name but a title. 

• Members

I still think Neil could be saved by the right love interest.  The woman who is playing Valerie over at Days would have been perfect, imo.  He needs a mature together woman. That would make his scenes with Hillary much less disturbing. It would reset him as the family patriarch. No more women under 40 though. It's never going to work and in fact it will just increase the damage after what the last regime did to him.

• Members

It needs to be Yolanda, if not Dru. Someone to be a bridge between him and devon and hilary. Bring Yolanda  back put together to help him with that foundation. She's got a history that'd make her just as dedicated to it. Cause a random woman with no connections to his family is just more of the same. They'd have to rely on KSJ to sell the pairing alone and I have no faith that he can pull it off. At least with yolanda, she's got a relationship with Devon to assist. 

Archived