Longtime characters that have never shared a scene.

• Members

Yes Frank was extremely angry with Sherry's Blake for calling immigration on Eleni, which made Alan-Michael marry her to allow her back in the US. One of the early Ross and Blake scenes before they hooked up had Blake talking to him about how even Frank "her only friend" hated her.  Blake got pulled out of the triangle in May of 92, due to Holly telling Eleni that Blake still wanted AM. Eleni made AM fire Blake from Spaulding Enterprises, and Blake vowed revenge on her mother. When Blake stole the documents during the election story, Frank was the one who instructed her how to pick a lock, but didn't tell her to watch out for hidden cameras. At Thanksgiving that year, Blake and Frank spent it together as friends at the diner. (Sorry for the OT)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nah, don't be sorry, it's great to be reminded of things. I'd completely forgotten they'd had drive-by-sex at the diner.

I was going to say Vanessa and Beth on GL, but then I remembered some weird time Beth was harping on her for being "old" or something.

• Members

Thanks for the reminder actually I completely blanked out some details of the story! Although I clearly remember Frank trashing his apartment after Eleni wed A-M after Blake called immigration. I guess they had drifted apart for so long it was just easy to forget.  Frank's non-Eleni stories were usually pathetic--getting involved with Annie/Terri, the mob girl Weston gave him as a love interest, losing Olivia to Buzz etc. 

Yeah P.J Beth was the one who made fun of Vanessa's appearances for the cancelled Matt/Beth affair that was dropped. If I recall right it was Rauch's doing to undermine Maeve Kinkead over a long standing feud from their AW days but that's a whole other story. 

• Members

Sorry to veer off but you are so right. Frank really didn't have great stories outside of Eleni. It boggles my mind how he lasted so many years. Around the time Jennifer Roszell left in 99, Frank should've went with her. 

Now that you bring it up, it does make sense now (Rauch/Kinkead). Despite all the contributions Rauch made to daytime, he was a true butthole at times.

• Members

I know they had some interaction but for the most part I can't remember Reva and Holly ever having much together, as Holly's biggest periods as a character were when Reva was off the show. The biggest I remember was that period where Reva was a talk show host and Holly was running WSPR and they thought Holly might be stalking her. 

To me Frank was a perfectly decent supporting character, which soaps tend to need. He probably just stayed because he was Harley's brother and I doubt the actor had any particular demands, but I never thought he hurt the show and he never made me feel borderline uncomfortable in those last years as Michael O'Leary did. I enjoyed his reunion with Blake near the end. My issue with GL was more the characters who were incredibly offputting and yet still never seemed to go anywhere, like Jeffrey. 

• Members

Didn't they also interact when Holly was revealed to be the Nursery Rhyme Stalker? 

When it comes to Frank, he didn't bother me. Again, it just boggled me how he lasted so long w/o great stories. He was a great supporting character, but he could've offered more if given the chance. Instead of slapping Josh with Cassie, I always felt that they should've possibly put Frank with Cassie and brought back Edmund as a interloper. 

I didn't care for Jeffery (too) as I felt they just wrote him the total opposite of Richard, but twenty times worse. Instead of him being a hardened, shifty attorney, they made him repulsive too. Especially, when he was chasing after Marah. That pairing was gross. I knew then that it was time to retire Marah for a bit, which is sad b/c she was one of the characters that needed to lead the next generation of GL. 

• Members

Do you think Bill Bell intended for Stephanie to be the female version of Victor? In the early years (well, pre-Sheila) of B&B, I thought Bill Bell wrote Stephanie more like a hybrid of 1970s Katherine, Jennifer Brooks, and Vanessa Prentiss.

I totally remember when Christine was placed in the Newman orbit in 1995/1996. It looked like the writers were alluding to a potential Christine/Victor pairing. There was a scene of Nikki confronting Christine at Legal Aid about Christine supposedly getting too close to Victor. Thankfully we were spared a Christine/Victor pairing.

• Members

I remember a scene - I remember it mostly because my father saw it and laughed about it for years after - at a Newman barbecue where they showed up wearing matching sunglasses. 

This was another time that Bill Bell likely backed down due to backlash. It's too bad later producers never gave a damn about the same when viewers protested car crashes like Sharon/Victor. 

• Members

I guess the female victor thing comes from Stephanie being a strong vicious woman at times and her constant determination to bringing down her enemies and usually succeeding...also the fact that besides a couple occasions that No one was really allowed to slap Stephanie because SF didn't want that, makes me think of Braedens BTS demands...though I think Flannery comes

off less intimidating IRL, while Braeden sometimes can't separate himself with Victor...:

• Members

I do agree that i liked when all 4 of stephanie's kids were there.  She idolized Ridge, ignored Thorne, was jealous that kristen was closer to Eric then she was (double standard since ridge/stephanie mirrored eric/kristen, and Felicia was headstrong and stubborn like Stephanie.

Archived