The Talk - Tomorrow 10/11 - GL and ATWT Reunion?

• Members

I would have put this in another part of the forum but I didn't know if it would get seen/viewed.  I happend to have the Talk on at the very end today and they said tomorrow they would have guests from current CBS Daytime Shows as well as a cast reunion from As the World Turns and Guiding Light tomorrow.  Does anyone know what they're going to do?  Is this just going to be all Y&R and B&B, and then trot out the "cast reunion" from World Turns and Guiding Light or will they actually really talk to them.  They're what I really care about, not Y&R and B&B.  They have those people on all the time - I want to see the ATWT and GL people.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks!  I had not been to the spoilers site of this website...I see the thread now.  I have to agree with many of the comments there.  I wish they would give them a decent amount of time but I don't expect it.  I see posts saying well, CBS really doesn't have to do anything for ATWT or GL because they weren't part of the last 30 years of success.  Well, technically for the most part, B&B wasn't either.  Their first 5 or 8 years they were the lowest rated of the CBS soaps.  And CBS' daytime success from the beginning really didn't have anything to do with Y&R or B&B either.  We might be celebrating 30 years of CBS number one, but back when ATWT was Number 1 for 20 consecutive years there were no talk shows to 'celebrate' it.  And those early successes of shows now gone sure put alot of money in the CBS pockets to put out "new" shows like Y&R and B&B years later.  I don't need to see Y&R or B&B people...they're still on and the Talk has had them on many times.  And there was a time in the late 80's if I remember correctly, where over the Summer for 2 weeks, World Turns hit number 2 in viewers for a couple of weeks.  I don't remember the specific storylines, but I remember them hitting number 2.  And Guiding Light around 1996 or so with the Annie Reva storyline rose to number 4.  So yes, they did have a part of that 30 years of success. 

• Members

Re: Reva. They're basing most of the clips on who is invited. 

Chen really does look like she came out of the 80s. Very Abby Ewing.

Robert Newman is so goddamn hot. In the 80s and forever since.

Chamberlin's story about the tear was hilarious.

• Members

LOL OK, Christian. :rolleyes: You weren't exactly thrown into a relationship with a stranger (Lauren). You had been sharing scenes since 2002!

This shows ATWT and GL need to be streaming on ALL Access or something

As well as classic eps of Y&R and B&B. It's so obvious, it's painful.

Archived