HBO: Succession

• Members

HBO is coming for that soap opera market! And long overdue.

Succession follows the saga of a fictional, American global-media family that is not only rich and powerful but also powerfully dysfunctional. The drama will explore family loyalty, international business and the perils of power in the 21st century.

Some of the people involved backstage seem promising. I will be following this one closely!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I just caught up with the pilot and really enjoyed it. Straight up, good, old-fashioned soapy drama. Wonderful acting. I particularly enjoyed that long family lunch scene/confrontation and Kendall's freakout in the bathroom, after which he cleaned up LOL

Glad to hear it's already been renewed. I see a lot of potential.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

It's taken forever, but I'm continuing with Season 1. The scene of Roman masturbating by his office window overlooking New York was such a great comment on how power is an aphrodisiac to him. And him then wiping the semen off

Please register in order to view this content

Kendall was fantastic in his efforts of formulating a response to Logan's stroke, thinking he's made it, only for Logan to tell him he's a fυcking idiot.

Poor Greg. Poor thing.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

I love this show so much!  Friends recommended it to me last fall, but only got around to watching this month.  I only have the season 2 finale left and I'll be caught up.  SO good.  Every single character is deliciously evil and fun to 'love to hate'.  I wish we had more than 10 episodes per season - if I were watching this live - I'm sure I would be frustrated with how long it takes for certain plot points to resurface and have closure (don't want to give away examples in case they're spoilers).  I wonder if they were able to wrap season 3 before COVID, or will we have to wait a year before we get new content.  

Please register in order to view this content