GH: May 2016 Discussion Thread

No heart and no soul to the Nurses Ball. The redheaded creature known as Nina obnoxiously mispronouncing Anna's last name. It only goes downhill from there. Everything about GH is so over the top and obnoxious beyond belief. I really hope an underutilized Lucas isn't murdered only to prop up Julian. It's not like were going to see either Brad or Bobbie grieve Lucas. A murder at the Nurses Ball will forever mar the event. Dr O. aka Snidely Whiplash plotting trouble like the cartoon character she is. They spent the whole episode interviewing people at that unneeded red carpet. Besides the series regulars and the paparazzi i see no other extra's. Bobbie who hasn't been used since the early 2000's fainted i'm not liking this. This incarnation of the Nurses Ball is a far cry from the Labine/Riche era.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The red carpet is horrid and cheapens it even more. I expect a ball thrown by a local hospital to look, well, like a ball thrown by a local hospital. But there's no build-up, excitement or energy. It's all about shoving a sponsor in our face and making everything wacky and wild.

• Members

It's a hot mess ever year. I just watch to laugh at the whole thing. Nina/MS was annoying as hell today. Her goo goo eyes at Franco Baldwin:rolleyes:(when did his last name become Baldwin?) was blah. No one cares if they are paired again or not. Lucas and not wanting to see Brad before the wedding was :rolleyes:.  Of course we know whats coming up next for Lucas….oh well …..

I think people just watch to laugh at this once great soap…..so sad but true…..I am sure FV couldn't care less why people watch which is even more sad.

• Members

The thing that puzzles me is that during the previews they make it look like Griffin is going to be part of that notorious "Magic Milo" act yet, didn't he just almost opt out on going with Maxie to the ball at all??...

• Members

What a nightmare. 

The red carpet was sad, and it had pathetically low energy. Michelle Stafford worked every nerve I ever had. Her Nina never worked less than it did today, and I wanted Nina to die right there. There wasn't one interesting thing on that entire red carpet. 

The "Welcome to the Nurses Ball" opening number was embarrassing beyond belief, and featured the most cringeworthy rapping of all time. The set is severely underpopulated, and there was nothing special about wardrobe or hairstyling. The whole episode sucked raw sewage.

Worth watching? Only if you like trainwrecks.

• Members

I half-wondered if Maura West ad-libbed "Who gave her a Microphone?"

Personally, I'd rather see Obrecht pulling her Sound of Music than that awful opening number.

No Quartermaines or Laura showing up? of course not.

Liz's arrival with Frankles?Threw up in my mouth a bit there. Why can't Liz get a real love interest?

As for the battle of the Bloat... Nikolas and Jason "squaring off...Hahaha

I actually missed Britt's commentary with Brad...

Shouldn't Kaka be working? Not that I ever need to see HE grace the screen.....and I don't think she and Dillon work. I like his chemistry w/ Maxie...

Please register in order to view this content

This beeyotch is the only reason I'm watching...

I didn't mind Robin being there...at least her reason to come and meet Griffin was a decent reason...

• Members

Terrible. Michelle Stafford is abysmal.The whole thing looked like the budget was $1.98.

A live TV red carpet for a hospital ball? A guest list of 20 (including waiters)?

And that rap song ... who was responsible?

Everyone involved should be ashamed.

• Members

The though of Sonny getting custody of Avery is sickening to me.  She needs to be with her mother.  Sonny and Carly care about nothing other than erasing Ava from her life.  Their behavior is reprehensible and it would be so sad for that child if she were to be raised by them.

• Members

Carly makes me sick. Sonny is worse than Ava. He is a mobster who has killed how many people already? Has a loser son who is the spitting image of his father. She has no right to throw stones at Ava. This is why GH is such a bad show. You have no one to root for. And the one that you root for the least is written with a halo on top of their heads.

And yes Michelle Stafford is downright awful.

As for todays mess…I haven't seen it all but……New Doggy Daddy doctor is some wacko serial killer? Thats what I am assuming…..

Nice to see JZ again……Milo is back again I see and FV just had a spill in aisle 11 after watching his routine again. How did Emma have time to remember or practice a routine?? Jason vs Nicolas …zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz……..I see GF in the audience ..must mean she appeared in todays show….

And as Blanche once famously said…" I didn't know Priests could take their clothes off"…….

• Members

At least they remembered Laura and Kevin today. I don't know why they couldn't afford Mac and Felicia. And no Tracy or Monica is sort of surprising.

Nice to see Ned and the Emma thing was cute enough I guess. I'm in a good mood so I'll say it was cute enough, lol.

Don't get me started on the Jake/Franco crap. It's soooo forced. God. Make it stop. And then having Kaka not surprised he cares ... we get it. Sigh. Please make it stop. Why couldn't Frank hire Matt Ashford back and give us Tom Hardy instead of Franco or Jillian?

So is Lucas dead? Another kill off the gays movement?

I'm so tired of Carly and Sonny constantly getting the upper hand. I feel like Ava/Maura are on borrowed time, be it a year from now or a few months. The writing just isn't there and this Avery thing can only go so far.

I'm not complaining about Griffin taking his clothes off ... but the whole routine is now tired. JMO. But of course Frank probably got his jollies off showcasing his chiseled, dead-eyed pets.

Archived