DAYS: May 2016 Discussion Thread

Out of nowhere mama Hernandez revealed she was a nurse in Mexico. After 71/2 yrs the Hernandez's Hispanic origins is finally revealed. Eduardo once stated to Rafe that mama Hernandez had no formal education. But now she was a former nurse. Aiden told Roman he knew about Eric. How's that even possible? JJ looked adorable in his hazmat suit. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS will only be on the air next fall if (like ABC and GH) NBC has nothing cost-effective and viable to replace it with.

I know you obsess over the pointless production credits on these terrible shows out of some misguided belief in being able to recontextualize them like they're actually good, but you should know as well as any of us just how relentlessly terrible Dena Higley is. Please don't attempt to insult my or your intelligence like this again.

• Members

Im glad Hope brought this up as a possibility today instead of being dumb. Although I dont understand why Aidan lied and told her he was abducted earlier than he was. I mean he already told her he was working with the Dimeras the entire time they were together.

Mama Hernandez is a walking hispanic stereotype. She is cringeworthy to watch and I wish this virus would claim her life

• Members

thanks. I skipped Thurs and went straight to Friday

Ciara is only 18 years old; why is she, Thomas' nanny? its not like she's babysitting for a few hours a week at night or something. She actually moved in and is raising that baby while his mother is in a mental institution. Why doesnt Chad hire an actual full time nanny for this child?

The Aidan/Chase story angle would carry more weight if we actually saw Chase but they never feature him so why should anyone care?

Mama Hernandez needs to die.

I cant beleive this show is doing a virus quarantine storyline when this show only has 2 medical staff on the roster. When they had Flynn interacting with 2 random doctors, I was like I dont know these people, therefore I dont care. Heck, I dont even care about Flynn. This is the type of stories that revolve around the doctors and nurses but Kayla is the only familiar face here. They cant even dust Maxine out of the closet to use.

Joey and new girl Jade in some kind of cult don't care. A watered down JJ, an always dull Gabi and token gay Paul sick with a virus don't care. A resurrected Aiden, that shady witch Andre, nanny Ciara eating away airtime. Sick off the hazmat suits and the same nurses station. GH did a better job with it's virus story 10 years ago.

• Members

Shady witch... hahaha :)  Nice writeup. 

Is Paul at least in a tank top? Shirtless and sweaty? Give us SOMETHING, DAYS. At least Reilly at his very worst gave us eye candy to distract us. Ay dios mio, to quote Mama Hernandez no doubt. 

• Members

Who did Missy Reeves piss off to get her airtime cut so badly? LOL. Jennifer is hardly involved and she rarely shares a scene with her kids anymore. I don't get it.

I wish they'd cut their losses with Jovanni (I haven't seen the scenes in question) but I think we're stuck with her. I really don't understand the Ciara/Chad thing, though, but I'm guessing it's because Hope killed Chad's father.

• Members

Decided to try and watch today. Yeesh. They've reset Hope's story and scratched out Bo's name for Aiden's. Lord. I'm so over these storylines, I really am. I don't even want to sit through a Jack or Will revival. It's just so tired.

At least Anne is on to entertain me. But that means Theresa whining for the billionth time about Brady. At least Belle and Brady are interacting for a change.

Of course Summer's on and Maggie's whimpering because Summer's pressing her for info about her father. Zzzzz. I'd rather see Maggie being taken care of by her real daughters, or real family. Where's Jennifer? Julie? Brady? Lucas? etc. This would have been the perfect time to re-introduce Sarah, who's been estranged from Maggie for a long time, as they reconnect and Maggie learns exactly what her daughter has been up to. All of this would have been so much more soapy and interesting than a retcon baby that's wasting my time.

I do love they're finally addressing (well, as well as DAYS addresses anything) that Brady has a hero complex and wants to be with women he can rescue. Whoever is writing the script today is entertaining me at least.

Archived