Top 20 Daytime Theme Songs

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some good ones in that list, but the rankings are whack.  My top 5-

5).  Guiding Light 

I believe this theme was short lived, I just think it is more dramatic and sexy than the longer used version.

4). All My Children

I like the faster version of the classic early 1990's theme, it was the only thing Frons demanded for AMC that I liked.  Which is truly sad.

3) Y& R 

All the hair flipping!

2). The Edge of Night

This is just a moody theme and has great visuals.  Plus it ends with Raven.

1)  General Hospital

As much as the speeding ambulance is iconic and very nostalgic for me, this is my favorite theme.  I always love seeing Lucy's eyebrows go up, and finishing with Felicia and Mac.  Just perfect for the show at that point.  This collection has such a wide range of characters and scenes.

• Members

This list is missing the great themes from the 70's. AW, LoL, SFT, EON, Somerset, and the GL theme with the glittering green bush or whatever it was. There's probably more I'm forgetting. I'm also partial to the first, but short lived, SuBe theme.

AMS, do you remember this old thread from DR? Matt posts here too, so I'm hoping Toups won't mind. http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/240934/1/?x=10

• Members

Yes, I loved that thread! Some of the really rare things that were on WoST were reposted in that thread. I'd kill to get my hands on some of the WoST stuff that seems to be lost forever, like the classic ATWT character themes, those cheesy lyrical versions of the 70s themes (distinctly remember the AMC, OLTL, GH, Y&R, and Ryan's Hope clips), etc.

Nothing beats that stable of 70s soap themes, though. They added so much character to the overall production of the shows and you can tell the composers really put a lot of effort into them. I love more modern soap music, too, but it doesn't touch the old stuff.

ETA: Jeez, it's always so weird to stumble upon my 18-year-old Internet self...

• Members

No Dark Shadows? Definitely not a good list. :P

The awful early-90s OLTL theme with the silly evil eyes/champagne bottle opening made the list but not the early-80s theme (with the sunrise/birds/clouds opening)? [At least Peabo is on the list.]

I know the Dave Koz theme-music-to-cure-insomnia GH theme is well-liked by some so I can see it making a list, but not ahead of the classic theme that played over the speeding ambulance. [I'll admit I also like the version used for #17, albeit to a lesser extent than the classic one.]

Surprised that the early-80s RH theme was included rather than the original version of the 70s, but I'm fine with it.

Also disappointed with the lack of representation for Edge of Night and The Doctors.

• Members

The only ones I liked were #18 (RH), #15 (GH), #7 (Y&R), #5 (DAYS) and #3 (AMC).  "My Guiding Light" and "As the World Turns On and On" might have made my list as well, except I didn't care for the version that the post-er chose for both.

Archived