Sign in to follow this  
frequentsoapfan

CBS Not Safe for Daytime

What was that? :blink:

(on a side note I feel thirsty because pressed rewind a couple of times when Don Diamont took off his shirt.)

Edited by ReddFoxx

How stupid. Do they honestly believe their audience is gonna watch this cheesy, exploitative bulls--t? They aren't. If they wanted to do something compelling that would've probably gotten people to talk, how about doing a 30 minute web soap/series that pushed boundaries, which aren't seen on daytime? I think that would've gotten more eyes than this drivel ever will. I give it 5 episodes at the most....

LMAO WTF LOL

(on a side note I feel thirsty because pressed rewind a couple of times when Don Diamont took off his shirt.)

Yes.

How stupid. Do they honestly believe their audience is gonna watch this cheesy, exploitative bulls--t? They aren't. If they wanted to do something compelling that would've probably gotten people to talk, how about doing a 30 minute web soap/series that pushed boundaries, which aren't seen on daytime? I think that would've gotten more eyes than this drivel ever will. I give it 5 episodes at the most....

For the web soaps I've seen pushing the boundaries seems to simply mean less clothes and some cursing but still the same crap stories. A web soap would be a better idea though for youtube 30 minutes is a little long.

Edited by frequentsoapfan

For the web soaps I've seen pushing the boundaries seems to simply mean less clothes and some cursing but still the same crap stories. A web soap would be a better idea though for youtube 30 minutes is a little long.

Well I was thinking they did something along the lines of OLTL or AMC 2.0., which were both perfect examples of how a web soap should be done. I wouldn't have to be five days a week (2-3 would be ideal IMO), and people would be endeared to watch. This mess isn't gonna want me to go to CBS.com. If anything, it'll make me steer clear of the site.

I thought this would be like those old ads they used to do with the silver or gold shirts the men would strip off in a gauzy background...and then I watched the videos :blink: 

Why do I have a feeling someone involved with the later years of Soapnet did this?

Well I was thinking they did something along the lines of OLTL or AMC 2.0., which were both perfect examples of how a web soap should be done. I wouldn't have to be five days a week (2-3 would be ideal IMO), and people would be endeared to watch. This mess isn't gonna want me to go to CBS.com. If anything, it'll make me steer clear of the site.

This mess is on CBS's youtube page not the website

This mess is on CBS's youtube page not the website

Oh. Well they still could've did it for their YT page. Anything is better than this drivel.

Cat videos are more entertaining than this.  Seriously.  Did CBS just discover You Tube or something?  

More and more I'm convinced that the networks just don't think much of their daytime audience, they probably haven't in a very long time.

Sigh. I'm with you DramatistDreamer. They don't care, or they think so little of the audience. An audience that nets them what, 4 or 5 million a day for Y&R?

Soaps need to be online in a newer format that doesnt' forget the old format. AMC and OLTL were the best shots we had. Maybe DAYS but at this point I'd rather it be put of it's misery, whenever that time should come.

Sign in to follow this