CBS Not Safe for Daytime

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How stupid. Do they honestly believe their audience is gonna watch this cheesy, exploitative bulls--t? They aren't. If they wanted to do something compelling that would've probably gotten people to talk, how about doing a 30 minute web soap/series that pushed boundaries, which aren't seen on daytime? I think that would've gotten more eyes than this drivel ever will. I give it 5 episodes at the most....

• Members

Well I was thinking they did something along the lines of OLTL or AMC 2.0., which were both perfect examples of how a web soap should be done. I wouldn't have to be five days a week (2-3 would be ideal IMO), and people would be endeared to watch. This mess isn't gonna want me to go to CBS.com. If anything, it'll make me steer clear of the site.

• Members

I thought this would be like those old ads they used to do with the silver or gold shirts the men would strip off in a gauzy background...and then I watched the videos :blink: 

Why do I have a feeling someone involved with the later years of Soapnet did this?

• Members

Sigh. I'm with you DramatistDreamer. They don't care, or they think so little of the audience. An audience that nets them what, 4 or 5 million a day for Y&R?

Soaps need to be online in a newer format that doesnt' forget the old format. AMC and OLTL were the best shots we had. Maybe DAYS but at this point I'd rather it be put of it's misery, whenever that time should come.

Archived