Proposed Storylines Over The Years...

• Members

What were some of the stories you recall being mentioned by writers/producers/actors etc that never came to pass onscreen?

Either they were nixed in pre production or quickly scuttled once on air.

eg

AW

Harding Lemay proposed that Mike Randolph come out as gay and this causing friction between his parents Pat and John.

Iris discovers her birth mother is Jewish and has an anti semitic reaction.

DOOL

Sharon Duvall reveals same sex attraction to Julie Williams.Within weeks,she and her husband are written out.

Y&R

After several years absence and nary a mention,Mary,Paul and Christine begin discussing absent Patty Williams. A hand is seen dialling Mary's number..and then nothing

Your contributions,please.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Snyder farm was supposed to be burned down on ATWT, but the idea was shelved.

Lily and Mike Kasnoff were paired off in some storyline, but there was no chemistry, so it was quickly dropped. (I'm talking about Real Lily and Sean Christian's Mike, not Last Lily and that kid who was about the same age as Luke).

• Members

I seem to remember two stories regarding Audrey Hardy being dropped on GH.  The first was during Claire Labine's reign as HW, there were rumors of an Alzheimer's story for Audrey.  Then, later on, under Robert Guza, Jr., there were plans for Audrey, in light of Elizabeth's rape, to divulge in a public forum her own rape by her husband, Tom Baldwin years earlier, but, as far as I know, that didn't materialize.  What is sad, though, is I don't have documentation to prove either of these story line proposals, though I could swear I read of them somewhere at the time(s).

• Members

DAYS:

Celeste and Caprice's back history that never happened (2002). Caprice was Belle & Brady's alleged nanny growing up, even though we had always seen a white woman named Chelsea taking care of them during the 90's. 

Vivian and Lili Faversham's back history that never happened (1998). 

Eric Brady was rumored to be gay when he was brought on in 1997. 

GL: 

Reva's breast cancer storyline in 1999 that was nixed for San Cristobel instead. 

Buzz and Jenna were supposed to come into a lot of money when Fiona Hutchison returned from maternity leave in June 1998. Apparently some money Jenna would inherit from European relatives. 

Ross and Holly were supposed to reconnect after the Ben/Blake affair was revealed in the summer of 1998, but Holly ended up being the Nursery Rhyme Stalker instead. 

In February 2003, Reva's stalker (which turned out to be Alex for some flimsy reason) was supposed to be Jonathan (pre-Tom Pelphrey, so know knows how old he would've been). 

B&B: 

My memory is vague, but when Gaby (Shanelle Workman) was deported (at least I think she was), she was supposed to return later, having been scarred/disfigured/deformed etc. and wreak havoc on Taylor's life. 

• Members

A few I know that  haven't been mentioned yet: 

AW: Scott LaSalle was suppose to be a triplet to Vicki and Marley but they dropped the idea. Anne Barrett was originally going to turn out to be Frankie Frame but they nixed it and came up with some bizarro excuse of her being Fax Newman's ex-lover/therapist or some crap like that and that's why targeted Frankie. 

ATWT: Paul and Lucy were suppose to hookup as she was crushing on him but it was nixed for being deemed inappropriate. However just two months later they did Dusty and Lucy. Holden and Lily were at some point supposed to deal with their own "Was it Rape?" story like Paul and Christine on Y&R but it was nixed. Jack and Lily were suppose to hookup in the wake of Holden and Carly.

B&B: Brad Bell yammered to Michael Logan about wanting to do a Lolita storyline between Eric and the Caitlin Ramirez character. Hey also yammered about wanting to replace the Forresters entirely with family members connected to Sydney Penny and Linda Gray's characters on the show at the time. 

Days: I do recall reading during the whole John/Hope/Gina mess back in 2000-2001 that Bo and Marlena were going to have an affair.

GL: In 2001 or so the Spaulding's were going to be connected to the Nazi's in a treasure hunt for Nazi gold it was quickly scrapped. Cassie was originally to be Reva's identical half-sister who's father was Bill Bauer. 

Y&R: Victor and Christine having an affair. Gina being gas lighted into going psycho by Ryder and Daisy to attack Kevin who ended up getting saved by Ryder, and Gina got sent off to a mental institution. If I recall it was a Hamner/Sheffer idea they thought of to give Patty Weaver an exit story in 2009 in the wake of Jerry Birn's passing.  

Archived