Characters who need to go!

• Members

Roman Brady can be salvaged.  Just bring back Wayne Northrop -- but not in another "Tale of Two Romans" story.  Just have Josh Taylor walk out the door on Friday, have Wayne walk back in on Monday, maybe make one -- ONE -- tongue-in-cheek remark about how Roman suddenly looks like his "old self" again, and that's it.  Then, perhaps a month or so later, Josh can bring Chris Kositchek back to Salem.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why don't they do that? Chris Kositchek can be useful on the canvas. Didn't he date Kayla? Just bring him back to be a hurdle in the road for Patch and Kayla. Or put him with Kate. 

Wayne Northrop seriously needs to reprise the role of Roman but I doubt it'll happen. Aren't Josh Taylor and Corday really good friends?

• Members

Yes, Corday and Taylor are close friends IRL.  That's why I would offer bringing back and finding story for Chris Kositchek as a sort of compromise for convincing Corday to re-hire Wayne, who has made it clear he'd like to come back as Roman.  Taylor remains employed (with a month to six weeks off to allow us to adjust somewhat) and WN fans get their guy back.  It's a win-win situation.

Pairing Kayla with any other man would bring out the WORST in Patch.  Like Sam Reynolds-kidnaps-Jo-because-he's-jealous-of-Tony worst.  You thought he was dangerous before he met Sweetness?  Oh, boy!

• Members

B&B

Eric - nothing against John McCook, but this character has not been valuable to story since about 1993 and should have phased out at least 5-10 years ago, IMO, with a new patriarch taking his place. 

Wyatt - creepy ass

Katie - the incredible talents of Heather Tom cannot hide that Katie is a pointless character and was always a pointless character in any role beyond babysitting Brooke's children

Thomas - the character has never worked 

Donna Duck, if she is still around. Just awful.

GH

Morgan - unless you look at his journey as some type of completely unintentional cautionary tale of a sweet boy who goes to the wrong circuit party and ends up doing bareback for McDonald's money, the entire Bryan Craig tenure has been a complete waste of time 

Julian - no ass, no purpose, lots of fan hype because two 60-year old white people rutting in a cheap living room set is somehow sending a more powerful message in daytime than it was when Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson did it in some movie I never managed to get all the way through 

Jason - never should have returned. Ratings crashed with his return, as they crashed in Burton's last years when Guza's Jason adoration went full throttle. Can you ever think of another character whose 8 year old son returns from the dead and it means absolutely NOTHING? 

Franco - the worst of self-indulgent soap casting. That creepy poser James Franco only ever started this role as "performance art," but Howarth's tenure has probably qualified for a true arthouse exploration of what has killed this genre in the last 20 years. 

Lulu - I have no more tolerance of this child-woman who, with two very different actresses in the role, has been unable to carry a purse, let alone major storyline. Have her go look for Luke in a house full of trap doors.

• Members

Y&R
Victor (Or at least this version)
Dylan
Billy
Sage
Victoria (Mainly the actress)
Neil (Or at least whatever this thing that has taken over his body)
Lily (Actress)
Joe
Stitch
Gwen
Cane
Kevin
Marisa
Luca
Ian
Colin

Sorry, I just now realized there's a Top 5, so here it is:
1. Dylan
2. Sage
3. Cane
4. Stitch
5. Victoria

• Members

GH:

Franco

Nina

Kaka

Morgan

Valerie

Dillon

Sorry, I'm going with six for GH LOL

DAYS:

Lani (develop her or dump her)

Ciara (recast please!)

Eduardo (do not care about Kate's latest conquest)

Rafe (he hasn't really worked for 7 years it's time to go)

Ben (sooooo disgusted by this character; it's time to see him shot and killed)

• Members

Everyone from GH and Y&R….then start from scratch hiring back only the necessary characters…..with GH that probably means no one….LOL

B&B- Ivy, Wyatt, Thomas, Maya, Deacon, Liam, Dollar Bill, Quinn, Zende…..

The only time she had a story was Katie's acne…..LOLOL

Has it been the actors or the writing or both the reasons why Thomas has never worked?

LOL…great post!  But Lulu should go find herself like Lucky…IMO….LOL.

• Members

Regarding Thomas- I don't think it is the actor.  It is how he is being written.  The latest version of Thomas is a manwhore.  The old Thomas, never had a sex scene really.  If you want to count the berry fantasy with Brooke, then maybe.  I always liked Adam Gregory,  He had great chemistry with Caroline, and Brooke.

• Members

Sticking to 5 each as requested, because I'm not a heathen.

CORONATION STREET - Jennie McAlpine (Fiz Brown), Antony Cotton (Sean Tully), Kym Marsh (Michelle McDonald), Cherylee Houston (Izzy Armstrong)

GENERAL HOSPITAL - Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos), Teresa Castillo (Sabrina Santiago), Roger Howarth (Franco), Michelle Stafford (Nina Clay), Hayley Erin (Kiki Jerome)

DAYS OF OUR LIVES - Joseph Mascolo (Stefano DiMera), Josh Taylor (Roman Brady), Eric Martsolf (Brady Black), Meredith Scott Lynn (Anne Milbauer), Jen Lilley (Theresa Donovan)

EMMERDALE - Steve Halliwell (Zak Dingle), James Hooton (Sam Dingle), Jane Cox (Lisa Dingle), Mark Charnock (Marlon Dingle), Chris Bisson (Jai Sharma)

THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS - Christel Khalil (Lily Ashby), Greg Rikaart (Kevin Fisher), Amelia Heinle (Victoria Newman), Melissa Ordway (Abby Newman), Kelly Sullivan (Sage Newman)

EASTENDERS - Laurie Brett (Jane Beale), Lind Henry (Shirley Carter), Shona McGarty (Whitney Dean), Annette Badland (Babe Smith), Karl Howman (Buster Briggs)

HOLLYOAKS - Diane Langton (Nana McQueen), Nikki Sanderson (Maxine Minniver), Jessica Ellis (Tegan Lomax), Persephone Swales-Dawson (Nico Blake), Ross Adams (Scott Drinkwell)

• Members

------Characters that need to go!------

The Young and the Restless:

1. Victor Newman

2,  Neil Winters

3. Hilary Curtis

4. Gwen Randall

5. Joe Clark

6. Billy Abbott

7. Sage Warner Bingham Newman

8. Christine Blair Williams

9. Marisa Sierras

10. Luca Santori

11. Summer Newman

12. Phyllis Summers Abbott

13. Lily Winters Ashby

14. Devon Hamilton Winters

------The Bold and the Beautiful------

1. Ridge Forrester

2. Thomas Forrester

3. Steffy Forrester

4. Ivy Forrester

5. Rick Forrester

6. Maya Avant Forrester

------General Hospital------

1. Sonny Corinthos

2. Morgan Corinthos

3. Valerie Spencer

4. Dante Falconeri

5. Elizabeth Webber

6. Nikolas Cassadine

7. TJ Ashford

8. Molly Lansing

9. Alexis Davis

10. Julian Jerome

11. Ava Jerome

12. Olivia Falconeri

13. Dillon Quartermaine

14. Kiki Jerome

------Days Of Our Lives------

1. Stefano DiMera

2. Andre DiMera

3. Ben Rogers

4. Kate Roberts

5. Eve Donovan

6. Anne Milbauer

7. Dr. Daniel Jonas

8. Fynn Thompson

9. Lani Price

10. Chloe Lane

11. Bev Walters

12. Rory

13. Harold

14. Daphne

15. Cole Haines

16. Jeremiah

17. Ava Vitali

• Members

Emmerdale 

James Barton - just not working and not at all believable as a patriarch, even if I've grown to tolerate him in recent months 

Jai Sharma - he's served his purpose and just isn't capable of carrying major story. He can only work as a heel for so long. Have him get sealed up like a Trask on Dark Shadows

Lachlan White - the actor is talented but the character is just beyond the pale. They blew their chance to redeem him after the rape storyline, instead deciding that sniffling about his mother and managing to not rape a drunk Belle is all it takes. 

Paddy Kirk - I've hit my limit with Paddy this year. He's cold, manipulative, childish, and unpleasant to watch. The character needs a rest.

Lisa Dingle - Jane Cox is a good actress but they just seem to have lost all purpose for Lisa, especially now that she has no children and the days of "Dingle law" or some sort of Dingle ruler are gone. (and no I don't consider Cain to be their ruler either - I just don't think they have one these days) I'd kill Lisa off and show Zak and Belle coping on his own. 

Archived