The Little Mermaid Live-Action Movie

cassadine1991

• Members

Sofia Coppola will no longer direct Universal and Working Titles' The Little Mermaid movie due to creative differences.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sofia-coppola-exits-little-mermaid-799251

Chloe Moretz has signed on to star in Universal's live-action Little Mermaid film.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/chloe-moretz-star-little-mermaid-837957

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CGI. Its not like they are actually going to be acting underwater. I mean there will be to some degree but its 2015. There are tons of cinematic tricks to make that happen. I wouldnt be surprised if more emphasis is placed on Ariel as a human, therefore limiting the time needed for the underwater segments, which really serves to set up the plot

• Members

It's more than likely that they will literally have them acting underwater. :lol: This technology from GOBLET OF FIRE below is over 10 years old but it's probably the best way to capture that kind of environment for a lot of the stuff, unless some new way has been found. And, like Cheap said, they'll cheat whatever they can and most likely she'll quickly become human. I would hate if it's ALL CGI. The fakeness will be very apparent.

From 1:20-5:27. Really fascinating stuff:

• Members

But see, the most interesting parts of the movie, for me, are the underwater bits and I just feel like it's going to look quite fake no matter how they do it. Maybe I'm just pissed because this is my favorite disney movie of all time and I think Chloe is an AWFUL choice for Ariel. Her old strong jawed self is a good actress but she's not a Disney princess. 

• Members

LOL! I agree -- my fave stuff is when the mermaid is a mermaid! I am holding out hope they'll do it well because TLM is one of my favorites as well. As for Chloe, I haven't really seen her in much. I don't automatically see her as physically fitting the Ariel role.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived