Old telenovelas

DRW50

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

That was a good one! I hear they are remaking it! You should check out Rosa Salvaje and Simplemente Maria…good ones too and Lazos De Amor…about triplets…one evil one, one blind one and the nice one…great novela….and a good ending..which makes you wonder who really died at the end…LOL….I could go on with older classic novelas….so many good ones...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Members

I managed to get in a rewatch of MARIA LA DEL BARRIO before it went off Netflix. What fun it was to see it again after all these years and for the first time in Spanish. Thalia was such a star. Loved her and that fabulous rich lady hairdo she had when she was 'older.' LOL And, of course, I don't think any soap villain can ever surpass Soraya Montenegro. Such a high energy, over-the-top character, and Itati Cantoral didn't fake it ONCE. Absolutely brilliant performance.

This time around, I found Aldo and Tita's love story incredibly good. I cried when they FINALLY united after wanting to for half of entire novela.

I think my favorite part was Maria finally finding her son and the complications that arose from trying to hide the truth. The episode where she tells Tita the truth is a soap climax made in Heaven. I cried on that one too. It was just so well plotted, didn't miss a beat, from drama to drama, you couldn't catch your breath. It's small wonder it is considered perhaps the most successful novela in the world. The performances are also so much better when you don't watch it dubbed.

• Members

It really was great. They had Maria, La Usurpadora, Rubi, Lo Que La Vida Me Robo, and others, but most of them recently expired, except a few like Pasion De Gavilanes (which I'm currently watching). However, those shows have left and come back before, so I hope they return again.

I'd LOVE to see Thalia in a good novela again but I really doubt she'd drop everything for months to film one, and I imagine it would be pretty tiring to do. But, you never know. With the right project, it'd be a HUGE ratings hit.

• Members

Lo Que La Vida Me Robo is currently airing in the mornings on Univision. It was a great novela.

It sure would. I am surprised Univision is not begging her to come back considering how bad the novelas on Univision have gotten.

Archived