Y&R: October 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

(lol) THIS!

Some fans need to make a decision.  Either soaps are going to reflect reality or they don't.  Arguing one day that 'it's only a soap' and then the next demanding that storylines are realistic seems silly to me.  I know there are some good classic soap stories that stretched limits but there've been tons of crappers that have just been bizarre, especially for a show like Y&R that had historically hewed closer to a realistic degree of storytelling until the last 8-9 years.

But which is more realistic: a woman in her mid to late 40s having a baby or a person coming back from an open casket funeral death for the 3rd time?

• Members

What mass wants Sage gone?  GMAB, there is no difference for A LOT of the Haters, some of the Sage bashing îs funny from the Sharon fans on various MBs.  MB hate does not measure a characters unpopularity ie Phiĉk or Lane, Summer, et., etc, that's just common sense.  Sharon has become the new old Phyllis of the show crazy and volatile LOL, she has been like this close to a decade, it is what it is.

• Members

I agree it's so obvious where 95% of the Sage hate is coming from, a blind person could see it.  I remember when Phick hooked up, Phyllis got the exact same treatment.  Nick was suppose to overlook what Sharon did to him and his daughter. Um she was sick so she gets a pass.  To some folks Sharon is the Goddess who must be worshipped. Unfortuantely most head writers and HW's  aren't feeling  this deep love for Sharon.

• Members

Again not many here want Sharon with Dicholas. So Sag hate has nothing to do with Sharon. Most dislike Sag because KS has too many tics and lacks substance as a c-story character like Esther, who pops up once in a while, KS would fit. Thrusting her scenery chomping as to the forefront brings all of her flaws front and center. Ushering in Adam, they should have kept her on the outskirts of story.  Hamming it up while the characters prop the crap out of her is annoying....

• Members

She should have remained a supporting character that schemes and manipulates with Adam, and that's it. After the Adam reveal (or earlier), she should have been gone. Sage is not a great character and there isn't enough gravitas from the actress to warrant her being in major, frontburning story. As soon as they started bringing her into Nick's orbit, I knew we were in deep trouble.

Archived