HOW TO: Post Twitter or Instagram Tweets/Pictures

• Members

I made this as a way for some smart computer literate person to regale us with the knowledge of how to embed tweets from twitter and Instagram pictures. I never knew how to do it on the old site either, so please help!

Also, for those like me that have trouble with this issue, use this thread to test it out.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

On the instagram/twitter post, you click on the three dots (instagram: bottom right; twitter: bottomcenter left beside the star).  Copy the embedded link.  Then when you're posting on SON, click "source" that's in the top left which should switch to html mode, then just paste the embedded link. 

That's how I do it.  If there's an easier way, please let me know.  :)  It sucks that the pictures are so big though.  That's why I like to spoiler tag big pictures. 

Edited by Toups

• Members

Trying a Facebook video ...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

How to embed an instagram post on SON, as of August 2022 ...

This is how it works for me posting from a PC.  It might look different from a phone or tablet.

How to embed an instagram on SON.
Go to the individual IG post.  Find the three dots.  click on those three dots. Select "embed". (check or uncheck whether to include the caption/text of the photo),. Copy the batch of code it gives you, save that code to your clipboard or temporary text file.

Open your posting screen here at SON, click on "Source" in the upper left corner of the posting screen.  You are now in a sourcecode posting area.  Paste in the IG code there

The key is to post into the SON sourcecode posting screen and not into the regular SON posting screen.   

But .... once you've entered the embedding code into the sourcecode screen,
then ... go back into the regular posting screen by clicking the source button again.  and then submit your post.

I'll post screenshots below.

Please register in order to view this content

^ screenshot #1

^ screenshot #2

^ screenshot #3

^ screenshot #4

^ screenshot #5